Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here.

I have an 8 month old male black lab. He's a great pup - lovable, smart and cute! Over all, he is a REALLY good pup!

BUT he is the mouthiest (both play biting AND barking) dog I've ever had.

He gets the zoomies like most pups, but it's coupled with this leaping play biting where he tries to grab us. And he has jaws of steel! It's a really bad combination and I'm at my wits end. To make matters worse... we have two little nephews coming to stay with us in a couple weeks... I'm afraid he could actually hurt one of them.

What can I do to actually CORRECT and stop this behavior for good? (the leaping bite/grab part) I can temporarily put him in his crate for timeout, but that isn't a FIX.

Help!

Thank you so much!
Stacey

·
Registered
549 Posts
We had the same thing with our golden retriever. We had to turn our back to him and completely ignore him until he stopped. Got hurt quite a bit in the process though, but he did get over it eventually. And as soon as he started having zoomies, we got out of the way (typically it was in the backyard).

I'd definitely make sure he can't be around your nephews that much unless he's very calm though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts