Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeling really heartbroken. Today we had maintenance over installing a new shower, and since they were in and out of the house so much we had Zoe on her lead. She was mostly staying up on the patio where we could see her, but right as the maintenance men left she somehow managed to slip her collar and took off running. I immediately took off after her, and when she disappeared on me I got in the car and drove around, but could not find her.

I've been calling shelters, animal control, anyone I can think of, and we are putting up signs. Stupid us never had her micro chipped. Why I have no idea. I assumed she was not chipped by her previous owner as our vet never said anything about it.

If anyone is in the St. Louis, MO area and wants to share this on Facebook, please do. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151198591756258&set=a.10150145338836258.339785.661756257&type=1&theater I also placed an ad on Craigslist. http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/3086756927.html

I hope this isn't against forum rules. Please let me know and I will edit out the links. I am just desperate to find our girl. My little boy has been asking for Zoe all day, and he is too young to understand that she is missing. :(

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Hoping you find her soon!

You could also sign up on findmypetnow.com (I have Bella on this site as well). It's free - essentially if you lose (or find) a dog they send out emails/texts to people who are in a specified radius of you alerting them that there is a missing dog.

I don't know how popular it is or if anything will even come from it - but it's just something else to think about :).

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I'm so sorry she's gone missing. You'll be in my thoughts hoping for a safe return.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I am so sorry .... I will be praying for her return.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Try local radio station most will help with a lost dog announcement. Fingers crossed and good thoughts for return of Zoe.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
So sorry! You could also post it on your local Craigslist.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I truly believe in miracles! Zoe came home at 5:30 this morning. What's really amazing to me is our son woke up around that time (waaayyy earlier than normal for him) and when I went into his room he was pointing at the window saying "Zoe outside!" And I thought he was just talking nonsense, but when I looked out the window there she was. She seems ok. Clearly exhausted, and hungry, but no worse for wear that I can tell.

·
Registered
521 Posts
That's great news! We had a Beagle that would bolt any chance she found and she would stay away for about 4 hours and then make her way back home. Give her lots of hugs!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She still seems pretty wore out. We've been giving her tons of water to drink and she's been fairly lethargic. I am hoping she's still stressed and exhausted from being homeless overnight, but I'm not sure if I need to be concerned. I noticed her left eye has a lot of "gunk" in it. It doesn't otherwise seem red or irritated, but she's never had weepy eyes before. Now I'm wondering if she got something in it while she was running around.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Glad to hear she made it back home. I hope everything else is OK.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Wonderful news! With your loving and attention, she'll be back to her old self in no time. She probably won't want to wander off again anytime soon!!

·
Super Moderator
7,366 Posts
I think I truly believe in miracles! Zoe came home at 5:30 this morning. What's really amazing to me is our son woke up around that time (waaayyy earlier than normal for him) and when I went into his room he was pointing at the window saying "Zoe outside!" And I thought he was just talking nonsense, but when I looked out the window there she was. She seems ok. Clearly exhausted, and hungry, but no worse for wear that I can tell.
Hurray! This is WONDERFUL news!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
That's great to hear!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts