Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If they won't allow the use of break sticks I'd be surprised if they would allow cattle prods.
of course, you're right regarding attitudes and PR. I don't know what a break stick is. I have seen water be TOTALLY ineffective for breaking up a fight. Had a neighbor (breeder) with goldie bitches who would fight to the death once they got going on resource guarding. I tried blasting one of their fights with a hose. Made it worse. These guys loved water, and sprinklers were one of the resources they tended to fight over. It took two people pulling on hind legs to break it up and there were injuries that required vet help. A cattle prod probably isn't the answer. But I wouldn't trust a bucket of water.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
of course, you're right regarding attitudes and PR. I don't know what a break stick is. I have seen water be TOTALLY ineffective for breaking up a fight. Had a neighbor (breeder) with goldie bitches who would fight to the death once they got going on resource guarding. I tried blasting one of their fights with a hose. Made it worse. These guys loved water, and sprinklers were one of the resources they tended to fight over. It took two people pulling on hind legs to break it up and there were injuries that required vet help. A cattle prod probably isn't the answer. But I wouldn't trust a bucket of water.
http://www.pbrc.net/breaksticks.html
Break stick or parting stick information.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts