Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give my puppy Acana but I also like to top it with little amount of the canned food from Natural Balance. She seems to love it. The smell is very strong and ingredients seems to be with good quality without any crappy fillers and stuff. Also Dog Food Adviser rates it at 4 stars.

On the other hand, It seems as their dry food is not up to the standards of their canned food and I was ready that ingredients are from China?

Whats your experience with them?

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
I'm not a fan of NB. There isn't anything in the ingredients worth the price, IMO. The last I looked, most of their LID foods (speaking of dry) have more carb than meat....lots of people think it's say venison & sweet potato when it's the other way around. I don't agree with a vegetarian food unless medically necessary & then I think people should be working with a nutritionist or holistic vet for a properly balanced food. Lastly, their Fat Dogs is too low in protein IMO.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I fed the dry plus canned for about eight months trying to get my poodles belly straightened out after a bout of colitis. He continued to have loose stools and then stopped wanting to eat it. Once he knows food bothers his belly he will stop eating even if he's hungry.

I think the canned is slightly better and a good price but I won't be returning to it.

As an aside the food that fixed Jacks belly has been science diet grain free salmon. I know people say science diet is bad but he eats it happily and digests it with no problems.

Don't let your quest for the perfect food drive you too crazy (like it did me lol)! If your dog has good skin and coat and digestion and output then that food is working well for him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts