Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I don't see myself getting another dog anytime soon, but I'd like to think I'd get an older Boston Terrier or ACD or some mix or one or the other rescue. Or, I'd love a Frenchie, but I don't see that happening.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Another GSD. Not interested in anything else.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I've been researching Swedish vallhund for my next dog. It's unlikely that we'll be ready for another dog for quite some time, but when it's time, I think that's what we're going to go for.

Although I'll always have a Rottweiler and a golden retriever by my side. :)

And regarding DJEtzel getting another dog, and a fricking border collie at that, I will just say that she continues to set up her dogs for failure and leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
In a little less than 7 weeks I'll have Recon home, a little Red working Border Collie :)
So that would make four dogs under the age of 3? Wow.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Always good for a lol and a head shake all at the same time.

There is no next dog in plans here. Every one is middle age/coming up on middle age (except Sham will be two shortly, and the next youngest is Smalls coming up on 6 here) and we're going to keep this pack the same. The only consideration I have made is whether or not I will just foster difficult to place dogs (like dogs at my work that are DA are hard to find fosters for because every one who wants to foster already has dogs of their own) after they've all passed on, or get a second dog when it's just Shammy- providing that Shammy being the youngest will be with us the longest, but he's a big dog.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
my next dog will be a Border Collie.. but that wont be anytime soon, I will never not own at least 2 BCs and both my girls are gettin up there. will be an adult rescue in any case as I am told that all future dogs must be adults, no more puppies ever lol

·
Banned
7,725 Posts
Isn't Recon sport bred?
Depends on what you mean by "sport bred"... all of his lines have working herding dogs in them, but most of them ARE sport dogs also.

So how many dogs will that make for you? Are you sure you are ready for ANOTHER puppy?
I haven't had a puppy in almost three years?

And regarding DJEtzel getting another dog, and a fricking border collie at that, I will just say that she continues to set up her dogs for failure and leave it at that.
What are my dogs failing at, exactly? :confused:

So that would make four dogs under the age of 3? Wow.
Nope, Frag's three this month. ;) He doesn't stay with me all the time anyway though and Bailey will likely continue living with my parents whom have grown to adore her since she will not get along with other dogs, so this would make 2 dogs under the age of 3.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've always wanted a Cardigan Welsh Corgi. That is my dream dog and hopefully my next dog. Either that or an English Bull Terrier. :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm several years from another dog, barring anything horrible. But a Standard Poodle is up next. Then, probably a few years after that, another Chow. Possibly trying showing with the next Chow, but we will see when that time comes.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I’d take another BC cross (from a shelter/rescue) in a heartbeat. Not very particular on the specific cross, but I’m partial to herding x hunting mixes. I’d also seriously consider a BC x cattle dog mix.
Too far off to plan, though…at 4yo, Kit still acts like she’s 4mo old. We’re having way too much fun with agility, disc, and nosework right now for me to think about another dog. When she’s no longer able to enjoy these activities (which I hope is a very long time from now!), then I’ll start looking.

·
Registered
871 Posts
we think maybe a bichon (or something else thats fluffy, small, and doesnt make me wheeze). My oldest daughter has her heart set on the idea of our next dog having 3 legs, or being blind, or some other catastrophe...she says she wants to get the dog that no one else wants. Until one of us lands a job, and we get a fence, a third dog is nowhere near a possibility. BUT, we can always day dream:)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
we think maybe a bichon (or something else thats fluffy, small, and doesnt make me wheeze). My oldest daughter has her heart set on the idea of our next dog having 3 legs, or being blind, or some other catastrophe...she says she wants to get the dog that no one else wants. Until one of us lands a job, and we get a fence, a third dog is nowhere near a possibility. BUT, we can always day dream:)
Ironically the 3 legged dogs usually get adopted pretty quickly, they pull at the heart strings more than 'just a dog' yet rarely require more work from an owner.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Well, thats a good thing! :) I will have to tell her that, she worries about it. :) she's very tender hearted. Also on her list: one ear, no tail, scarred horribly (she's thinking like Oogy, I think)........:) she would collect them all if she could.

Ironically the 3 legged dogs usually get adopted pretty quickly, they pull at the heart strings more than 'just a dog' yet rarely require more work from an owner.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Well, thats a good thing! :) I will have to tell her that, she worries about it. :) she's very tender hearted. Also on her list: one ear, no tail, scarred horribly (she's thinking like Oogy, I think)........:) she would collect them all if she could.
Yep, here is even an example. This 3 legged girl came into the rescue I volunteer with just over a month ago and she already has a pending application. She is a great girl I've walked her a few times now.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts