Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'd like one soon. I'm thinking a Sighthound (Saluki/Afghan) or Kai Ken, but possibly a Cattle Dog or Malinois.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm planning on getting a little shelter dog at some point. Probably a Jack Russell mix of some kind (as that's what is usually in shelters). As long as it's smart, people-oriented and small enough to go on the airplane, I'll be happy. That's a few years off, though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A Shikoku Inu. Oh, how I'd love one...

Either that or an Akita Inu, Shiba Inu, Alaskan Klee Kai, Basenji or another GSD mix from a rescue! :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Whatever dog me and Jubel seem to click with at the shelter when my brother eventually agrees to a second dog. Haha might start as a foster and I'll become a failed foster. Pretty sure the current foster Duncan isn't going to be it. Jubel and him peacefully co-exist but that's about it. No breed requirements from me, just ~35-70#, wash and wear grooming, and gets along happily with Jubel.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
The dogs I would love to have all have a double coat and I'm allergic to dog dander. I've fallen in love with the Cotons, so whenever Luke does go to Heaven (that'll be years and years from now cause he's only 3yrs old), I'll get another Coton De Tulear. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
My "dream dog" is a male Bernese Mountain dog and I'll name him Dexter. But goodness knows if I'll ever actually get him. There's always some sad face at the shelter I volunteer at that I'm minutes away from adopting or a good friend of mine runs a retriever rescue so I'm pretty sure our next dog will be a senior lab or a mutt. When my kids are teens (10+ years from now) I'd like to head over to a shelter overrun with Pit mixes and saving one of them.

So really, it's anyone's guess. ;)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Almost certainly an Alaskan Husky, although it will not be for some time. Not until after Pip has passed on and that won't be for like a hundred years, so...
Really . . . you are underestimating. You should double that probably.:)

My next pup will probably be a gift from someone continuing with their mutt line of smallish spaniel types (companion), as my last one was. I have a love of pups and my youngest dog is currently three and just outgrown most semblances of puppyhood. I'm missing that. My children are certain I won't be a grandma for at least ten years, so at the moment I have been reminding my OH that pups are much less work and expense than grandkids, and we have built in pupsitters.:)

SOB

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I want a Standard Poodle or Afghan Hound next, most likely the Standard Poodle because there is a limited availability for the Afghan Hounds in my area. I even googled looking for Afghan Hound rescues and checked petfinder.org nearest Afghan Hound rescue is OH or CA (same rescue, 2 locations) and nearest dogs on petfinder are in FL. There is a poodle rescue in Missouri and I don't intend to get another dog until we move (looking for a new house with a proper yard right now). I don't want a puppy again, so I intend to hold out for an older dog, and until I find the Standard Poodle or Afghan Hound of my dreams I'm going to see about fostering dogs for a rescue but a lot of our rescues have these blanket policies about no kids under 10 (my youngest is 8) and we can't foster dogs in our current home because we lack the yard. However sometimes the dog chooses you, so I may not get a Standard Poodle or Afghan Hound at all because I meet the mutt of my dreams. :)
I just want to point out that, the one PB Afghan in FL, I almost went to adopt. :p

Any way, my next dog (hopefully soon), will be what ever I find atractive at that moment. Most likely a rescue, but breed doesn't matter.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
It will be a loooong time before I get another dog. Two is perfect for me right now, and mine are only 5 years old, but....if I'm being realistic, another sheltie, and if I'm being less realistic, a belgian groenendael.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
German Shepherd is my top choice but probably unlikely until I have my own place. Greyhounds are second but the same. I'm also interested in Corgis and Chinese Cresteds.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
My next dog will be another aussie, although I'm undecided as to whether it will be dual working/show lines or strictly working lines again. Good thing I have lots of time to think about it. ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
My next dog will probably be a rescue mutt in a year or two, or if I've reached a level where I am better with dominant breeds, a dobe, min pin, American staffy or a Manchester

41 - 60 of 104 Posts