Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this has been done before and if so, then sorry. But I was just wondering what everyone's favorite film is.

My favorites are:
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Jaws

So...what are yours? :)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4, X-Men Origins: First Class, Anything and everything Disney/Disney Pixar, All Batman movies. All comic book movies really. Public Enemies, Harry Potter all, etc etc

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are great movies guys!!
Fuzzy Pants--which SW and ST do you like? For me, I like the older trilogy of SW. Do you mean I Am Legend? Some I haven't seen on your list, so I'm guessing they're really good (Tron Legacy, Labyrinth, and Contact)?

osdbmom--is Robert Downy Jr. really good as Sherlock Holmes? Cause I was skeptical to see that film because he was playing the main character. I haven't seen National Lampoon, but I have heard of it.

ChaosIsAWeim--what did you like about PotC 4? Since it didn't have any of the other characters in it, I didn't enjoy it. Oh, I want to see the new X-Men, is it really that good? The only one I didn't see for your list is Public Enemies. Yeah, HP is a good film!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
" It's A Wonderful Life " ....... sorry ... I am always in the Christmas spirit! :) Second is " A Christmas Story " ... cannot help it! Lol! :) I will get that Leg-Lamp yet!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Fight Club
Almost Famous
Amelie
The Wedding Singer (guilty pleasure for when I need cheering up)
Life is Beautiful
V for Vendetta

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

·
Registered
583 Posts
grease
face off
saturday night fever
green mile
city of angels
all the harry potter films
american pie

got a bit of a thing for john travolta :) have has since i saw grease when i was 9. im 43 and still fancy the pants off him!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Robert Downey Jr. is really hot....Um, I mean, yes, he's a great actor in the movie. Im looking forward to seeing his acting talents in the second Holmes:)

I love all the POTC movies. My favorites are absolutely Depp (really, in any movie, but esp. with beard braids, yum) and Geoffrey Rush. I loved the little nuances of Barbossa....most especially his peg leg full of rum, and watching him eating dainty little apple slices off dainty little china plates. :)

Fuzzy Pants--which SW and ST do you like? For me, I like the older trilogy of SW. Do you mean I Am Legend? Some I haven't seen on your list, so I'm guessing they're really good (Tron Legacy, Labyrinth, and Contact)?

osdbmom--is Robert Downy Jr. really good as Sherlock Holmes? Cause I was skeptical to see that film because he was playing the main character. I haven't seen National Lampoon, but I have heard of it.

ChaosIsAWeim--what did you like about PotC 4? Since it didn't have any of the other characters in it, I didn't enjoy it. Oh, I want to see the new X-Men, is it really that good? The only one I didn't see for your list is Public Enemies. Yeah, HP is a good film!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts

RDJr is great as Holmes, love that movie too lol. I liked the 4th one, didn't mind that it was only a select few characters returning, I think it was better than the 3rd one. X-men origins: the first class was probably the best x-men, watched it then watched Thor which was equally as good. So is Captain America: the first avenger, so I can't wait for the Avenger's movie.

I watched Public Enemies on tv a few weeks ago, I think it was on USA channel.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I could never limit it to just one, so here is a few;
American history x
Wild hearts can't be broken
Father of the bride 1 and 2 of course
Any zombie movie-the crazies, 28 days later, dawn of the dead-love them!!
And anything with Jason Statham

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
marie&tessa--what's "Almost Famous" about? I've never heard of it.

beverly-- :) That's fine. I'm like that with Mark Hamill, I thought he was cute as Luke Skywalker and even though he doesn't look like he aged well, I still find him cute and would watch something that he's in.

I think it'd be cool if they made another "Hound of the Baskervilles" movie as now we have better technology and some cool actors could be in it (or continue using Robert Downery Jr.). They haven't made one in a long time! I have to read other Sherlock Holmes stories, have you read any osdbmom?

amdeblaey--what is American History X about? Is it a documentary film?

hounding4hounds (with 10 fours)--what is Tommy Boy about? I've never heard of the film. And they made a Seinfeld movie? I'll have to tell my brother as he loves the tv shows. Oh and your signature is cute and funny looking. :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
American History X is an intense movie-it has Edward Norton in it, and he plays this neo nazi who goes to jail for murder, and has to work side by side with an African American. His younger brother is following in his older brothers foot steps, and joins a neo nazi cult. Edward Norton gets out and is a completely different person-tries to protect his family, and tires to make his brother see that being a neo nazi isn't the way of life. Again, very good-but very intense-lots of violence and hate. But it's neat to see how Edward Norton transforms his life when he's in jail. It is not a true story or anything.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's set in the 70s, it's the story of a young boy who follows a rock band on tour to write an article for Rolling Stones magazine. Aside from the great music, it also has very 'human' characters (don't know how else to explain it... you just feel like you're watching real human beings). It's from the same director who did Jerry McGuire (I've never seen that one... as much as I love the director, I hate Tom Cruise!).

·
Registered
751 Posts
Harry Potter
War horse
Narina
Jurassic park
Any disney movie! ( lets repharse that to anything made before 2002...90's was golden for Disney!)

and a to be favorite... The hunger games!!! :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
I haven't read the stories, but I did download them on my kindle:) so someday I will.

beverly-- :) That's fine. I'm like that with Mark Hamill, I thought he was cute as Luke Skywalker and even though he doesn't look like he aged well, I still find him cute and would watch something that he's in.

I think it'd be cool if they made another "Hound of the Baskervilles" movie as now we have better technology and some cool actors could be in it (or continue using Robert Downery Jr.). They haven't made one in a long time! I have to read other Sherlock Holmes stories, have you read any osdbmom?

amdeblaey--what is American History X about? Is it a documentary film?

hounding4hounds (with 10 fours)--what is Tommy Boy about? I've never heard of the film. And they made a Seinfeld movie? I'll have to tell my brother as he loves the tv shows. Oh and your signature is cute and funny looking. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts