Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if there is already a similar thread, I did a search and couldn't find one.Today I decided to try to stack my mongrel, Luna, like a German shepherd just to see what she would look like. "Try" is the keyword, as she wasn't too happy about it and refused to stack properly and, well, I had no idea what I was doing! The final pose is not that convincing (okay, it's a complete fail) but maybe you guys will obtain better results! :p

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I will take one fluffy, black/white piebald, miniature German Shepherd please ;)

We can play, too, even if it's cheating...

We keep facing the wrong side LOL

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops, I didn't even know there was a correct side! Also, you have an unfair advantage! :D Did Trent stack naturally for these photos or did you have to position him?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
This is my attempt at stacking Kabota:

I have no idea why, but it made him completely miserable. He's actually frowning!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Whoops, I didn't even know there was a correct side! Also, you have an unfair advantage! :D Did Trent stack naturally for these photos or did you have to position him?
In the pictures I posted, I had to hand stack him, but he stacks naturally all the time :) I just never have the camera ready when he does LOL

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
In the pictures I posted, I had to hand stack him, but he stacks naturally all the time :) I just never have the camera ready when he does LOL
Equinox, when you have a dog as beautiful and noble as Trent, how dare you not have a camera at the ready 24/7?

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Equinox, when you have a dog as beautiful and noble as Trent, how dare you not have a camera at the ready 24/7?
Ahaha, thank you <3 It's really just one of the only cons to having a DSLR. It's a huge camera to be carrying around all the time :p

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
We tried...( Vader American Bully ) I think if I had got the angle better it would have been more stacked looking. but he gets to excited when I try to get near and move his legs or take a picture at all. This was a accomplishment just getting him to stand still long enough to take his picture. He was watching someone walk around so he paused. woohoo.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I don't know what happened, but I sat on the floor and called Sydney and she acted like she was in trouble or something. She wouldn't hold her legs still and kept sitting down and my husband refused to help. Lol I'll try again later!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only once who fails at stacking her dog! Maybe it's a skill only GSDs can develop...

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Lol! Mine stacks her own self like a Schnauzer all the time. :) She would look pretty silly stacked like a GSD. Lol!

0708131255b by Leah Lu, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
It's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only once who fails at stacking her dog! Maybe it's a skill only GSDs can develop...
While GSDs are a breed that stand naturally in a three point stack, it can be crazy awkward trying to teach them if it's your first time trying. You should have all been there for my first attempts... the pictures that I posted? They're results of 3-4 years of practice LOL

Wow your dog is beautiful! Gsds are my favorite breed!
Thank you!! If you own GSDs, too, you should post pictures of yours! They're my favorite breed, too :)

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Cool!!!

I do have some of pic of Roman I think...

Romanii.jpg
P1030996.jpg
P1040108.jpg
roman1.jpg

Does those count???;)
Lol!
Fun anyways.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts