Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I'm always only seeing negative on dog parks, I thought I would start a thread on the fun or crazy side.

Well here is my story.

The past 2 times Cheecho and I have been to the dog park, we get rained out. :( I live over an hour from the park so it is a long drive to get rained on. Today was the worst yet, It was nice and sunny out, then BOOM Rain, lightning, hail! Scary. Pore Mr. C hid under the blanket in the back of my car the whole way home, with his little noes sticking up beside my left elbow.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I take kabota every weekend and we've had one bad experience. He loves running free with other dogs. And staring at German shepherds in the big dog side. I have no idea. Honestly, the dog park opened him up and made him significantly less fearful at home.

I think I have a good park with good regulars and I'm very lucky with that.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
I go at least 3x/week with either Pip (most of the time) or Squash (occasionally) and I can only think of one or two bad experiences. But I am lucky to have a really fantastic dog park, it's not typical.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sass your park looks so cool, mines boring. The only fun part is that it has dogs. lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mel loves the dog park. It's reached the point where we can't say the world "park" in her hearing without invoking total insanity. Most of the people who go, especially the weekday regulars, are lovely.

Not really a story, but we could never get Mel to play with us until we took her to the dog park. She found a dirty old tennis ball, and suddenly, after a couple of months of ignoring every toy we offered her, she was ready to chase balls and even fetch. The dog park did great things for her!

·
Registered
246 Posts
We have had great experiences too - just last week I had a few other Siberian Husky owners down and all of the dogs went for a run! They had a great time with all of the other dogs at the park - I have only had one bad experience, when an out of control dog backed my female, Delilah, into a corner barked and nipped at her, while the owner did nothing and kept talking to someone. I yelled a few times and finally took matters into my own hands. To this day that owner doesn't come to the park if we show up and I am completely okay with that.

We love the dog park and find it to be a great place to socialize the dogs and learn. If only ours was as nice as the Sassafras visits!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Sassafras, that is amazing! My dog park is just a big, fenced in circle cut in half. The only good thing in it is the dogs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Come now, Sass. That's not a dog park, that's dog heaven! It's gorgeous. Carmie and I are so jealous. ;)

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Yea, I'm very lucky to have it. It's several acres of woods with walking trails along the Mississippi River. If I really want to, I can usually make it through without seeing anyone else at all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sassafras, I agree what a beautiful park! Here's some picks of a lake we took Bella too last weekend. They have a section for dogs and she had too much fun. She LOVES water and it's beautiful there. Very crowded though I would say close to 50 dogs running around, maybe a little less, but still kind of nuts :)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
When I take my Basset hound to the dog park he loves to chase other dogs but he is so slow they just run circles around him. When basset hounds chase they bay loudly this is part of their hunting breeding. So they run circles around him and he is usually 10 ft behind baying and giving it his fastest. He is such a trooper! he will run himself to the point where he plants his butt on the ground and then uses his front legs to turn in circles after the dogs like a top. he will do this and eventually just fall over but keeps up his basset hound chasing bay. It gets a good laugh from everyone at the dog park. =-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts