Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently rescued a young female that is possible great dane pitbull and/or boxer mix. Our 3 1/2 month old Aussie just won't leave her alone. They are attached at the hip most of the time but Adele (the Aussie) just will not leave her be so that they can get individual attention. She continually wants to play and wrestle, we have tried separating them for individual time but Adele will only play bite and want to wrestle with us. Elli (the mix) is fairly laid back, just goes with the flow, loves to play fetch if left alone for a minute or two. My wife is really trying to make sure they both get adequate exercise each day and separated play time but she is starting to get discouraged....Please any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I want to train my girls I put one in another room and then work one-on-one, and sometimes I will walk them apart when there's something going on outside. I would remove Adele from the area and let Elli play fetch aloneif that's you want. But Adele is also still very much a puppy, Shelby would constantly hang off of my parent's dog Gigi (a pit/lab mix) from the day we got her until she was about a year old, then she pretty much stopped the non-stop wrestling match. They still wrestle when they see each other for a few minutes, but they settle down pretty quickly.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Seconding Rinblu.

I crate the older wo in the bedroom, usually with a meal, and work with the puppy. Then I put *her* in her crate, with a meal to keep her busy and distracted, and take the other two out, one at a time, and work with them. THEN we can have group play again. But that individual time is VITAL. My puppy isn't the hyper one - the boston is. She's also very in the middle of everything, and will not get off anyone's butt for them TO work.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts