Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9 month old male boxer, pitt, ridgeback mix (maybe) named Archer. He's 45 lbs. He has grown up with my other mutt (River) who was fairly aggressive towards him when I first brought Archer home. So my problem that I am hoping y'all can help me fix is that when we go to the dog park, Archer zeros in on any dog younger than him (I think that is the connecting factor) and attacks them. He has never seriously hurt another dog but it is really bad behavior and is quite embarrassing for me as his owner. How can I work to change his behavior towards other dogs? What sorts of training techniques would help him?

He is really such a sweet boy to the people and dogs he knows and trusts. But he can also be aggressive towards people he doesn't know that come into our home. River, my older dog is 2 years old and I found her as a stray near the highway. She has had some serious behavioral issues that we have overcome, such as separation anxiety and fear based aggression. However, she can also be aggressive towards strangers that come into her space. She is great with children and friends and most dogs though.

What I am trying to ask in this rambling post is, how can I work with my dogs to make them less aggressive towards strangers, and in Archer's case, other dogs. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts