Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the crazy-anxious girl who adopted a puppy (Brady) without thinking it through, invested a ton of money, time, and love in him for 6 months, then wound up having to re-home him after breaking up with my ex, having my bills all double, and just in general having a mental breakdown.

Well, I remember a LOT of you and how much help you all were. You'll be happy to know that I still keep in touch with Brady's new family and that he's doing great! He turned 1 this January, and I got to send him a gift :) His family even had a little party for him. He's loving them.

No no, I'm not here because I got another dog. I just miss talking about dogs, so I was hoping I'd be "allowed" to come hang out and talk. I learned a lot from my time with Brady, and I do hope to adopt another dog SOMEday (years from now)...but not until I'm married and own my own home with a fenced-in yard.

It's just me and 2 kitties over here, but we're doing great and hope that you are too! Back again to keep on learning and watching your dogs grow and be awesome!

~Lisa

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I remember you! I'm glad that Brady is thriving in his new home! It was very brave and selfless for you to rehome him, knowing it was best for him! Glad to hear the update! :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Welcome back ... you know how great of a forum this place is and how much you can learn here ... long before you get your future dog. :)

Glad you can still see your boy! :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi doxie! I remember you too! haha :)
Thanks for the support. Believe it or not, I still get very sad over it. But, I just go visit my parents' dogs for now lol. A friend of mine just adopted a new dog, and her asking for advice led me straight back here! Thus why I snuck back :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ha. I'm like the cat that just keeps coming back :p

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Well, we left food out for you and gave you a little shelter to stay warm just in case :D!

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Welcome back! I had just joined when you were making the re-homing decision. Glad to hear you and Brady are doing well. It's wonderful you're still able to keep in touch with his new family.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha Niraya :p thanks lol.

Definitely, cookie. I know a lot of folks would not want to stay in touch w/a previous owner, but this lady and her boys are a godsend :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Hi Lisa, glad to hear Brady is doing well with his new family. Jubel now goes to the same daycare chain Brady went to just different location but we were at the Herndon one for a doggie Valentine's party. Looking for some of the pictures on facebook I found some old Brady pictures and thought of you.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oooh dagwall, you're making me tear up. lol. Memories...
Those doggie daycare folks are AMAZING. All of them at every location I've ever been to. I'm sure Jubel is loving it! Hope he found a valentine :p

Gah...seriously. Trying not to cry at work lol. Those Brady pictures are the few remaining - I had to clear my phone, etc. of all pictures. It was too sad for me to see them. Logging on here again, I had to see one. lol. Ah well... someday... someday I'll do it all again the RIGHT way.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<-- oh, but as you might see... the cat I adopted after letting Brady go (Luna), she and the Buzzy have become the BEST of friends. They are so adorable together. My vet was shocked when I told her how well they've bonded. Apparently, it's not very common for 2 adult cats to bond like they have :)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Yep I remember you, welcome back. And I am glad to hear Brady is doing so well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks :) Of course I remember you too. And dagwall. I remember most everyone actually :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hi doxie! I remember you too! haha :)
Thanks for the support. Believe it or not, I still get very sad over it. But, I just go visit my parents' dogs for now lol. A friend of mine just adopted a new dog, and her asking for advice led me straight back here! Thus why I snuck back :)
hi again Lisa :) its nice to see you again, your kitties are cute, glad you all are doing well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi dragoness! I've been catching up - I am so sorry about your Izze. I see a few regulars have lost pets since I last visited. So sorry.

Your new boy looks very handsome and like he could run for days! :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
hi dragoness! I've been catching up - I am so sorry about your Izze. I see a few regulars have lost pets since I last visited. So sorry.

Your new boy looks very handsome and like he could run for days! :)
oh you checked out his thread im assuming :).

Yes, it was horrible to lose Izze, i still miss her & get a lump in my throat every time i think of her. she was my heart dog :(. I wont go into it but i did have a thread on it, here is the link: http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-forum/107684-izze-had-accident.html & http://www.dogforums.com/off-topic/109011-have-been-dealing-problems.html

the story is too long & painful to drege up again.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read it all ...just... (((So many hugs))) and thoughts and prayers and all good things your way because you so so deserve it. I'm so incredibly sorry for what has been going on.

I did indeed check out Buddy's thread with his pictures.

I love the little patch on his head...and seeing him swim swim swim :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts