Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
When you know more dogs than people...well, okay, I know tons of people, but at work I know more of the dog's names than their owners; For some reason I am horrible with human names, but I can see a dog once, and I remember him\her the next time...Lol!
I resemble that remark :)

Once I pair a dog and his/her name - I can remember it (and their personality, and how they do - or don't - mix well with Wally)

People...not so much. I know I know them, but sometimes the name...yeah

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
You plan your entire vacation (and extremely inconvenience everyone you are going with) around the fact that your dog is part of your family so a family vacation HAS TO include him.
I refuse to go to SO's family reuniun/vacation unless Upendi can go too. Last year it wasn't a big deal because she was still little. This year it's a bigger issue, even though she's well trained the part of his family who organizes it hasn't seen her since last year. So they're apprehensive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Or when you think nothing of having to rub aloe on burned testicles because your dog sat on blazing hot Texas pavement x.x
My boyfriend has this problem. He can't seem to encourage me to rub on the aloe.

PB

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tell him to go sit on hot pavement xD!!!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I refuse to go to SO's family reuniun/vacation unless Upendi can go too. Last year it wasn't a big deal because she was still little. This year it's a bigger issue, even though she's well trained the part of his family who organizes it hasn't seen her since last year. So they're apprehensive.
I tend to bring my dog to all of my immediate family functions as well. I can't see why not. My dogs are well behaved and social. Like I said earlier. Better then most peoples kids. If kids can go, my dogs should be able to. IMO

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
When at 24, you still shriek like a 7 years old when you see a dog and ask if you can pet him.

You give them kisses on the mouth even though you know it's disgusting to most people.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When you are walking somewhere and say oh look at the cute little puppy dont you just wuv his/her sweet wittle face just want to kiss him/her all over... and the person you are with see's a great big ol' pitty, rotty, mastiff ect and looks at you like you have lost whats left of your mind lol ! ( this has happened several times )

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
When you turn down a date with a very cute guy because you are going to a dog show/weight pull event that same night.

When getting mauled by an 18 week old SBT makes you all happy and warm inside. Nothing better then Puppy breathe and kisses!!!!!

When you order a $50 collar and you watch the mail box every day waiting for it to come.

When you'd rather buy a weight pull harness over a new pair of shoes! Now you know I'm nuts :p

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
....I opted to buy myself a new grooming table and dryer instead of new clothes

·
Registered
191 Posts
When you turn down a date with a very cute guy because you are going to a dog show/weight pull event that same night.

When getting mauled by an 18 week old SBT makes you all happy and warm inside. Nothing better then Puppy breathe and kisses!!!!!

When you order a $50 collar and you watch the mail box every day waiting for it to come.

When you'd rather buy a weight pull harness over a new pair of shoes! Now you know I'm nuts :p

I am waiting for 2 right now lol been checking the mail box daily for over a week now. When will they get here.....:D

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
You know you're too into dogs (is there such a thing?) when...

Someone asks you 'what kind of dog is that?' and you start explaining the entire history of the breed to them before you realize most people don't actually care about stuff like that...

·
Registered
640 Posts
when you have taken over 3,000 photos of your puppies that you've had for less than two months

when you smooch your doggies on their furry lips!

when you'd rather cuddle with your puppies than with your husband!

·
Registered
317 Posts
when you'd rather cuddle with your puppies than with your husband!
Hee hee. Glad someone else posted this first! :)

Also, with regard to the dog food commercials, now that I know about dog food ingredients, I listen to how they include "natural grains" and know that usually means the main protein source is corn. Bleh.

And with regard to Karen Pryor, I just want to send copies of "Don't Shoot the Dog" to management at my firm to show how stupid their "get excited when someone does something wrong because you have the chance to chastise them" method isn't going to get them anywhere. (Luckily (1) I am not a victim of this, and (2) this isn't the general climate of the firm.) Who knew that dog training had so much to teach us about life??

·
Registered
220 Posts
I resemble that remark :)

Once I pair a dog and his/her name - I can remember it (and their personality, and how they do - or don't - mix well with Wally)

People...not so much. I know I know them, but sometimes the name...yeah
That is so me. My mother always gets mad at me when she talks about the neighborhood, and has to reference every person to their pet. "You know, the one with that short brown and and white dog" "He's a basset hound mom."

When I can remember the exact diet, bedtime, and potty schedule of the poodle down the road, but not his owner's name.

When someone mentions Beggin' Strips, and my thought is, "Those don't taste like bacon at all."

When the only place I *enjoy* shopping is the pet store.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll stop for now. :D

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I enjoy shopping and browsing at petstores, could spend hours just looking at stuff. But I HATE shopping for clothes or shoes or just about anything human related.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
...you and your SO are at the grocery story when a kid zips by, and your first comment is "our pups have much better recalls than that..."

...your SO just laughs, agrees the kids need training, and is totally unfazed.

...even on a dog forum, someone questions why you'd name your dog a normally human-only name, and it takes you a bit to figure out why that's weird.

...you answer as readily to your dogs' names as to your own, because you are used to being around people that remember dogs' names more easily than humans' names.

...you also fall into the above category.

·
Registered
83 Posts
- when you force your kid to finish a dinner that you wouldn't DREAM of feeding to your dog!

- when your dogs beef jerky has more meat in it than your own...

- when you adjust the position you sleep in based on your pooch's comfort...

- when you tell your son you will miss his out of town baseball tournament b/c your favorite dog sitter isn't available, and when he says "you think the DOG is more important then ME??"- you pause.....

- when a friend gets a new puppy and has a new baby and you have no idea what the sex of the kid is but you know the breed, age and family compatibility of their dog...

oh i am sooo into dogs!!! lol

21 - 40 of 43 Posts