Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You chase a dog that's not even yours down the street for 20 minutes making sure she doesn't get hit by a car.

Thankfully she went back to her house after those 20 minutes DX I'm exhausted but at the same time feel good about myself. The neighbor of the people who own the dog says she gets out often. The dog was a chihuahua who had just had a litter of puppies (enlarged nipples and the puppies were on the otherside of the fence whining for their mom). I'm guessing she had gotten pregnant of one of her little escapades.

Remember peeps, spay and neuter your pets.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Thank you for chasing her. Sadly, she'll probably get out again, but how can you not try and help?

I chased a little dog down a busy street awhile ago. I caught him eventually, and thank goodness he was small because the little turd kept trying to bite me!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I keep a leash & large choke collar in my truck, got tired of walking holding up my pants as I walked a stray home using my belt for a leash. Chasing a stray yorkie mix a few Easters back is what led to me having more than one dog. Kaz enjoyed the overnight guest, my wife & I were thinking the same thing for about a month, but a bit apprehensive about saying anything to each other, either great minds or misery loves company! :)

Keep up the good work, I think it's a sign of a true dog lover to put yourself out for a stray, sort of an instinct deal.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The spare leash idea is awesome. I found myself chasing a siberian husky the other day because I didn't want him to get hit and they are very popular dogs for their looks around here but their traits tend to make them change hands often and I didn't want him in the wrong hands.
Crazy what dog lovers will do to prevent a dog they never met from getting hurt/harmed. :)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I started bringing a spare leash with me too when we ran into a chocolate lab on a walk once. He was very friendly but Sydney kept getting annoyed at him and growling so I held her under one arm and tried to hook her leash onto him. I wasn't fast enough and he ran into the street, dodged a couple cars, almost knocked over a guy painting his house and went out of sight. I'd say it's extremely likely that dog got hit by a car or otherwise harmed that day. I was sad I couldn't get a hold of him. He was wearing a collar with a license on it so I could have looked up his owner's contact info on our county website. None of the people I encountered while he was following us knew who's dog it was.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I have a belt that functions as a spare leash. In a pinch, I can take it off and leash up a stray long enough to get him home.

A friend of mine told me she was drinking her morning coffee and looking out her front window this morning when she saw a dog running around. She hurried to go put on some clothes so she could grab it, but witnessed the dog getting hit just as she was leaving the house :-( It ran off and she finally located it and got it back to its owner. The owner took it to the vet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts