Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching my MIL's puppy and was wondering what I could put in her fur so she won't knot so much. Behind her ears and her back legs where she lays already have knots and I just brushed her out this am. Can I put some of my daughter's anti-tangling spray on her? Or is that a bad idea?

·
Registered
301 Posts
well she licks her fur so I wouldn't put human detangling on it! I guess brushing would be the best! Cna you go to a local pet groomers and see what they have??

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I might have to go there tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had planned on brushing her everyday. That's not a problem. I just hate having to detangle her everytime. I do it gently because I don't want her to become afraid of the brush. I just thought it would be better for her.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Theres a horse product that's suposed work really well for de-tangling dogs, it's called cowboy magic, you may want to give it a try.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Definitely try not to use people stuff on her; I started grooming a yorkie puppy a couple weeks ago, who's coat is extremely dry, brittle, and thin...they have been bathing and conditioning her with regular people stuff; and even though it's 'high end' for humans, it's not good for their puppy's coat...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts