Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Boxer/Beagle maybe? She looks like a Pug/Beagle but bigger. Did you already get the DNA results or do we have to wait for them? :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those are the breeds i keep going back and forth on! i alternate between pug/boxer and pug/beagle.

yup you'll have to wait! the kit should be getting here thursday. i'll reply when the results come in

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Pug x pit bull? I definitely see pug.

Those kits are unreliable. They only have so many breeds on file, so if your dog is another breed, the results will be wrong. I've heard of mastiffs coming up as bulldogs and hounds as poodles.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I loved my Wisdom Panel DNA test!

He looks like --I don't know what they call them, but the Pug x Jack Russell designer breed. They have a cutsie name like "Jug" or something...

What a cutie. :)

Jen

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I'm calling some sort of strange pugXbeagleXboxer

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm going to say boxer mix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found a home for a puggle aka mutt. He was an absolutely awesome dog. Not a barker and mellow personality. Your pup looks like Frankie the puggle, pug/beagle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the results are in!!!!

this actually seems plausible!!

i've never seen an entlebucher mountain dog, but the resemblance is definitely there. aside from the color and sorta the tail, she looks mostly that! now i have to figure out how to pronounce "entlebucher"

the 2nd page of the results is pretty silly, though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have always thought about doing this with one of my dogs.

I love the picture of her sitting on the window ledge. I can see mine doing that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Entlebuchers are extremely uncommon. I find it very hard to believe that there are many randomly breeding out there.

These tests are notoriously inaccurate. Breeds cross-react due to shared heritage, hence why many Pit Bull-ish looking dogs come back with Yorkie heritage. Entlebuchers share heritage with the Molosser breeds of Europe, like the Dane, Boxer, Rottweiler, etc.

My AmStaf's nephew, a well-bred breed champion, came back as a Border Collie/Boston cross.

And, it's pronounced "Ent-lee-boo-cur" :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts