Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a sanity check. We have had Desi and Lucy for about two weeks. They are 2 month old "Cheagles" Chihuahua / Beagle mixes. They are the cutest things as you can see.

Desi

Lucy

The question I have for you all is this. Is crate training the best way to "potty" train these two? Should each dog have their own crate? The pups are used to doing everything together.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
547 Posts
There is no such thing as a Cheagle. What you have are two cute mutts - and that is not a bad thing.

And yes - you should crate them separately.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
With two pups of the same age just make sure you do alone time with each of them. You will have problems later if they do not learn to be on their own. If they are not separated right from now on, they come too dependent on each other. They can still be together and play but you want them to bond more to you than each other.

·
Registered
468 Posts
For the good of your puppies, they need to stop doing everything together. They can do somethings together, but for the most part they need to start living more separate lives while they are puppies. Siblings who spend too much time together can get extremely dependent and cannot function without the other sibling. Your dogs need to learn that being with out brother/sister is Ok. I would try walking them separately, definitely crate them separately, separate training sessions, separate outings (take one dog to the park by itself, the next day take the other dog).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts