Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a stray during one of my walks on Saturday. When I came back and got a leash to try and catch him, he was nowhere to be found. So this morning, I was walking along with the boys when I saw another stray--again, with no collar or tags--barking at us on the other side of the street.

So we went over to greet the little chihuahua, and I saw that one eye is clouded over. One eye is brown and the other looks cloudy blue. I'm guessing she's blind in that eye.

She also looks quite plump or is pregnant. I couldn't really get a good photo.

I've got her confined to one room for now. In another hour when it's not an ungodly early hour, I'll take her back to the street where I found her and knock on a few doors, see if she has a home. Clayton has a vet appointment today, so I'm going to take her along if I can't find her home. Then we'll go from there.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
If she's as old as she looks she could also be VERY fat (I'd rather fat than prego at her age). These guys seem to love to find you.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The vet had a cancellation, so we're going in early. To be honest, a fat chihuahua might be easier to handle than a pregnant one, especially if she ends up staying with me for any length of time.

These guys seem to love to find you.
I know. I'm getting a little scared to walk down this particular street, which is one of several routes we take for our walks.

I hope you find her owners. Good luck!
Me too. Although the length of her nails makes me think she's been missing a while. I'll definitely update the thread with any developments.

Just got back from the vet. She was microchipped, and her family came to get her before Clayton had finished his appointment. I'm told it was a tearful reunion, and I'm happy they got back together.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Just got back from the vet. She was microchipped, and her family came to get her before Clayton had finished his appointment. I'm told it was a tearful reunion, and I'm happy they got back together.

YAY!!!!!! Glad she got home. Gotta love those microchips!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts