Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Xena to her first obedience class last night. There were lots of good looking dogs in the class. The plan was, DH will handle Xena while I sit back and take pictures. That didn't happen. DH basically bailed out. I think, the real reason was, he was scared that he will embarass himself. =) man, oh man.

That being said, I had to make him take pictures. Other than RBARK, Harrise and Pooch, I dont know many men who likes taking pictures. DH is one of those who's photography skills NEED SOME polishing. oh wait, HE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO TAKE GOOD PICTURES.. You'll see what I mean in a second. LOL!

Xena did great for her first time in class. Heeling was a bit of a struggle because of too many distractions. But I like it. She needs to learn how to stay focused. The stay was awesome. I've been training her for awhile now and being able to do a SIT STAY with tons of distractions, proved that all our hardwork is paying off. Xena did a sit stay while I was across the room, sitting next to DH. I am extremely proud of my little girl. She is also the youngest in class. I also love our trainer. She is the same trainer that we had when Cain and Abel attended Obedience Level 1 & 2. She is awesome!

So, anyways.. with DH left to take care of taking pictures.. he managed to snap TWO PICS and TWo VIDEOS in an hour long class. :eek:

Please do not judge his "photography" skills. HE IS IN TRAINING.. LOL!

Xena smacked the minpin's head during play (the one in the pic) with her giant paw and knocked the poor dog down. Her paw is bigger than the minpin's head.

I am not pregnant, BTW. The bump isn't a preggy belly, its my pocket filled with Xena's kibbles and chicken treats.

This video my DH not only made me look TALL, he also made it look like I can walk on the walls.. :eek:

Thanks for looking!!! =)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Wow, can you teach me to walk on walls? Looks like she did great in her first obedience class. The other owners were probably jealous of your well behaved dog...and so young too! Great job

·
Registered
424 Posts
Xena's getting HUGE Mudra! What a sweet obedient girl you have there.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, can you teach me to walk on walls? Looks like she did great in her first obedience class. The other owners were probably jealous of your well behaved dog...and so young too! Great job
Thanks MAC!!! I owe it to the boys.. They helped trained her.. :D

Xena's getting HUGE Mudra! What a sweet obedient girl you have there.
thanks stitch!!!! :D and yes, she is getting big!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Oh congrats mud!!! So excited to see her get better at everything! And of course it's gonna be easy cuz she has one smart cookie for a momma! ;)

Teehee... maybe DH can go to photography classes? :p

How many pups are in that class?

You are so lucky to have such a good training area around you... here is it only Petsmart... and I dont care for it much at all.
Nessa

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are so lucky to have such a good training area around you... here is it only Petsmart... and I dont care for it much at all.
Nessa
Thanks Nessa! But your dogs dont need PETSMART.. Your training is much better than theirs. LOL! :D

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really enjoyed the video, it turns an otherwise obedient dog into a superhero wall-walker! Good job DH!!!

hehe MMM thanks.. here in our family, we try to be "unique" we practice, walking on ceilings, walls.. etc.. :D

Awe thank ya thank ya :eek:
Nessa

:D no worries Nessa.. I know what you can do.. you're not only smart, you are very very crafty as well!!! and so are your family and James!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Xena's doing great Mudra :d You owe me a muscle relaxant btw, for the crick in my neck watching that 1st vid LOL
I told DH he owes everyone here a muscle relaxant. It wasn't me holding the camera.. LOL! It was him.. so all blame.. is ON HIM.. :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I just knew she would be the STAR of the class. :) Great loose leash heeling for a bit there. Great job with her!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just knew she would be the STAR of the class. :) Great loose leash heeling for a bit there. Great job with her!
LOL Inga.. it was a challange to loose leash heel in class, too many distraction for a curious puppy.. LOL! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts