Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Wrong shot given to puppy

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  poodleholic 
#1 ·
Hello, I went into the vets office today for my puppy's last set of shots. I'm not sure exactly what shots are given in the last set but when I went in today they mixed me up with another person and gave my 7 month old lab a Depo shot instead of her puppy vaccines. They said it would be fine but i'm concerned because I haven't even heard of this depo shot. They said it was just for allergies but is it ok to give it to a puppy that young and should I be responsible for their mistake?

#2 ·
Depo is generally just used as a shot for allergies. It shouldn't cause any problems as far as I've heard...we use it a lot at our clinic for all kinds of allergy problems.

That being said, I would honestly find a new vet! I would be furious if the vet confused me with someone else! I understand that accidents happen, but this would NOT fly at the clinic I work at. The doctors are supposed to read the chart before seeing you.

#3 ·
Ditto what CrzyBritNAmerica said.
Not only does it hint at bad service, but what would have happened if the mixed up shot had not been something so harmless? In anything medical, mixing up things like treatment and meds can have serious/deadly results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.