Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, the "nerve" I touched for you people was mixed breeds?? I don't know if that is true or not, but someone said that might be it. The first snotty comment I got was asking me why I supported someone by getting my puppy from her, and my response was that I basically did not feel the need to explain myself about that. But....now that alot of you have made it a point to act like jerks about it, I'll go ahead and explain. The lady I got my puppy from runs a rescue. She rescues dogs and puppies from pounds that have only days left and then she finds them good homes. As for how her dog got pregnant? I couldn't tell you why she let that happen. Maybe the dog was scheduled to be fixed and the other dog beat her to it? Maybe she was planning on breeding? Who knows? All I know is the adorable little girl that I now have in my family needed a home and regardless of breed, previous owner or their responsibility level, every dog deserves a chance. I can't believe you people would refuse to give an innocent dog a chance simply because the previous owner may have been irresponsible. Whatever. I got an awesome little puppy out of it. Further more, I stated that the reason I was so curious about her exact breed is because it is best to know the dog's breed if possible, so that you can provide the best possible care for the dog. Now, I wasn't saying that if you don't know the breed you can't take care of the dog....which is what one person got out of that statement, apparently, they didn't read it correctly. I'm saying that every breed of dog has specific things about them that may help having knowledge of. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not saying that I, you or anyone else, cannot care for a dog without knowing the breed. The statement that was made about knowing the breed doesn't help in the care of the animal was just an ignorant one. I have a vet, I consulted said vet several times about puppies and their care, and that was part of the advice I got. I think I'll take her opinion over yours on that one. Thank you to those of you who were hospitable and courteous in answering my question, but to those of you who weren't, please take some time to really understand the question or statement that you are responding to, and try to be kind and polite to people who could not have done anything to deserve your little attitudes, for we have never even had any contact until this point.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
When you have mixed breeds, there is no way to know what the puppy will be like. It's all up in the air. Even in purebreeds, you don't know People were trying to give you good advice. To me, she looks like a shepherd... to someone else, it may look like a Irish Wolfhound. When you post pictures, and ask for an opinion, people are going to give you theirs, whether they agree with you or not. That's what a forum is. A collection of different opinions. Try not to be offended...it is hard to tell "how" a person is saying something with a type written post...it is easy to read too much between the lines and get offended.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't offended by anyone's opinions. I thought it was fun seeing how everyone's opinions ranged from one side of the spectrum to the other. It was simply that people were being SO RUDE to me because of assumptions that they made. They assumed that I wouldn't love her or would be upset if she wasn't what I was told, or whatever, when I simply asked "what do you think". It was a simple question. Their opinions were appreciated. Their attitudes were not.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I read the thread where you introduced your pup (very cute, by the way) and I didn't see anyone being mean or being a jerk. I also didn't see where anyone said that "they'd refuse to give an innocent dog a chance simply because the previous owner may have been irresponsible" Who is making assumptions here? I read the thread twice and couldn't find that. Hmmm... And nowhere did ANYONE even insinuate that if you don't know the breed you can't take care of the dog. I think you might be reading a lot that just isn't there...

Welcome to the board, though and good luck with your new puppy.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Regardless of what you or your vet might think, breed doesn't really matter that much when it comes to taking care of your dogs needs. All dogs need exercise regardless of their breed. You can't even make the generalization that some breeds need more exercise really because I've seen laid back labs who were couch potatoes and hyperactive bulldogs. All dogs need proper nutrition and all dogs need mental stimulation. With a cross breed you never know which characteristics the dog got from which parent.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I am sorry you feel this way about this wonderful resource. I'm sure whoever you thought that was being "a jerk" to you didn't really mean to sound that way. Everyone read posts a different way. I think it really depends on your mood at the time. I remember when I wrote about something (when I first joined) that I thought everyone was "looking down upon me", a few days later I reread the post and it read really different.

Nobody doesn't assume you don't love your puppy and wouldn't do anything for it. Otherwise, you wouldn't have been on this forum. Good luck with your pup and I hope we see more pics of the baby.:)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I agree with FourisCompany. You're reading a lot into people's words, and putting words in people's mouths. No one was being mean or rude, and I'm sorry if you thought my comment was snotty...I was asking because I like to educate people about backyard breeders and why it's best to avoid them. It was wrong of me to assume that you got your pup from a backyard breeder, but to be honest, saying "She has alot of dogs and I'm wondering if she didn't maybe miss one of them mating with her min pin before finding the poodle mating with it?" I can only assume that she is a BYB.

LeRoy made a great suggestion about rereading the thread. I don't know what more there is to understand about your original question. You asked what we thought your dog was mixed with, and we responded accordingly.

Please don't read into this as me being snotty again, I'm just trying to clarify what I said earlier.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I really don't see any rudeness that you were talking about. I don't think anyone even insinuated you wouldn't love your puppy. I hope you'll stay around because more members means more opinions and I'd love to see lots of pics of your puppy growing up. But I suggest you get a little thicker hide or get a little less sensitive. It's hard to sense someone's intended tone of voice through text. For example where I was telling you to be a little less sensitive in my head it's a very compassionate sort of voice, like the kind that would come with a pat or something if I was more of a touchy-feely person.

I think a lot of new members have this sensation. I think at one point in the beginning I did too. But people here are generally nice and it's a great place to learn.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
wow! One person rubbed you the wrong way and you say "YOU PEOPLE ARE MEAN??" c'mon now.. that is just beyond highschool...

anyways, glad you chose to get a puppy from a rescue. Just next time, read between the lines before you make a reaction. I did not sense anything wrong when someone asked you why you chose to support the lady who you got the puppy from. I got my puppies from ladies, too. AND I CHOSE TO SUPPORT THE LADIES WHERE I GOT MY DOGS FROM BECAUSE THEY ARE LADIES DOING RESCUES. Simple answer, case closed. If you dont want to answer, nobody is forcing you to. If you think it is too personal, you could've just ignored the question.

The puppy is cute by the way. Stick around and you will learn alot of good things from this site about raising your puppy properly.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Here is the thread in question.

I did not see a single comment that could remotely be considered rude or mean. I'm actually beginning to feel offended that you were offended; I'd say more, except I'm worried you might take offense at that.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Here is the thread in question.

I did not see a single comment that could remotely be considered rude or mean. I'm actually beginning to feel offended that you were offended; I'd say more, except I'm worried you might take offense at that.
Uhh.... okay....
Where in the world is someone being MEAN to you? In that thread? :eek: :confused:

There is no ounce of rudeness... or any ounce of mean in any of the posts to that thread.

If you think Locke's question "Might I ask why you chose to support this lady by buying a puppy from her?" was snotty then wow... everyone asking any innocent question like that is rude and snotty. Trust me her asking that question like that was a super nice reply on any thread where a pup is from a suspected BYBreeder. There are people on here that get way mean when they suspect a BYBreeder buyer. No one responded rudely at all.
The only person that responded with an ounce of snottiness was you when you responded to Locke's innocent question. You need not to assume that everyone is here to just start controversy.

Seriously, what is the true problem? What is wrong?
Nessa

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I'm not seeing the 'mean' either. When introducing a puppy, the worst will be assumed about the puppy's origins until proven otherwise. That's my experience on these forums. There are people who feel very strongly about responsible pet breeding.. yet I don't think anyone was out of line in that thread.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I was thinking that maybe the offensive posts had been deleted from that thread, because when I visited it earlier today, I didn't find any nastiness either.

Goodness knows we don't need another one of these threads.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
As the other's stated I don't see anyone being rude, snoby, or negative in response to any of your posts. However we must all remember that the mods have the power to delete things, so that may be the case.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
As the other's stated I don't see anyone being rude, snoby, or negative in response to any of your posts. However we must all remember that the mods have the power to delete things, so that may be the case.
Hmm very true. But I just dont understand how it would have led to that.
Oh well... drama drama drama...

Thank you Nessa :)
;)
Nessa

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
The internet and forums are a form of entertainment IMO. The interent can also be a source of information.

Personally I find it difficult to get my drawers in a bunch over comments by complete strangers most of whom I have never, nor will ever, meet.

Take a deep breath, remove the Wedgie and realize the folks answering any posts may be the same folks you see out walking their dogs wearing Loud colored Bermuda Shorts, a Hawaiian Shirt with a Pocket Protector, White sox to their knees and Dark Brown sandels........

:p

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Unless someone said something between 2:00 am and 8:00 am, then the mods did not delete anything.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Take a deep breath, remove the Wedgie and realize the folks answering any posts may be the same folks you see out walking their dogs wearing Loud colored Bermuda Shorts, a Hawaiian Shirt with a Pocket Protector, White sox to their knees and Dark Brown sandels........

:p

Elana... How many times have I told you to STOP stalking me! Geeze! And just an FYI, Pocket Protectors are all the rage around here! They are the BEST! And they are stylish too... :p:rolleyes:

I also think that this is starting to beat a dead horse, but that IMO...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.