Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
7,939 Posts
NOT FAIR. Here I live next to a HUGE navigable water body (the Might Hudson River) and I can't afford a boat (Ooohh.. the Motor you have sounds SWEET).

I might be able to borrow my Dad's canoe.. but getting across the shipping channel to Middle Ground Flats (large island near the Athens Light house) would be dangerous.. or I would have to be a REALLY fast paddler....

Good for you and the Portugese Water Schnauzers! :D This last winter just about killed me I think. LOL

·
Banned
7,939 Posts
I thought only WVasko was older than me on these forums.....

Winters just depress me. I think if I did not leave for work in the dark.. spend all day in an office away from the sun and then come home in the dark.. winter would not make me so miserable.

Of course, the other part of winter that ruins it for me is spending all summer worrying how I am going to pay to heat the place all winter. That cost has become astronomical. We get a breather right now, but I expect Fuel Oil to hit $10 a gallon at some point.

I never heard of a "half canoe..." The one I have access to is a very very stable Grumman 15 footer. Perfect for two ppl, a dog and about 4 days worth of camping supplies. Since it is now one persona nd one dog, there is more room for camping stuff so you can stay longer. This would be up some pristine wilderness lake BTW not the busy shipping lanes of the Hudson river!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts