Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ater a long winter, me and my two Portuguese water Scnauzers, put our boat onto the lake today! What a feeling to be on unstable ground again, I love it, I set the sails for the first time by turning on my 260 horse Merc, and off we went. Put onto a little isle and let the dogs explore, and sure enough, Doc, the male got a tick on him. There were two deer there also and they left for another island. Wish I brought my camera, my little guys enjoy it as much as I do, they will sleep good tonight!:)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to admit, I love the changes of seasons, makes me appreciate summer more! Thanks for your reply:)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!!! :D the season when you can have tons of fun doing alot of activities with your furry kids.. :D

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
NOT FAIR. Here I live next to a HUGE navigable water body (the Might Hudson River) and I can't afford a boat (Ooohh.. the Motor you have sounds SWEET).

I might be able to borrow my Dad's canoe.. but getting across the shipping channel to Middle Ground Flats (large island near the Athens Light house) would be dangerous.. or I would have to be a REALLY fast paddler....

Good for you and the Portugese Water Schnauzers! :D This last winter just about killed me I think. LOL

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Ummm, what's a winter? *Looks innocent in So. California*

Actually back when I did live where winters occur (UT and WY) I had dogs that absolutely loved the snow and thought that summer was a bummer. I'm betting this next pup will prefer summer. LOL

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Ater a long winter, me and my two Portuguese water Scnauzers, put our boat onto the lake today! What a feeling to be on unstable ground again, I love it, I set the sails for the first time by turning on my 260 horse Merc, and off we went. Put onto a little isle and let the dogs explore, and sure enough, Doc, the male got a tick on him. There were two deer there also and they left for another island. Wish I brought my camera, my little guys enjoy it as much as I do, they will sleep good tonight!:)
That sounded fun!
You guys are lucky- you're getting summer and we're getting winter:(
We've already put away our boats, conoes and windsurfer. So it's good-bye to water sports for us for the next few months

Next time you go boating please take your camera- we'd like to see pics:)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Elana, winters are getting harder, and I am much older then you. Especially when I have to go out in a snow storm with my guys, but they make me feel young:D When I first get up my dogs are inpatiently looking at me to get going, but I have to sit on the edge of the bed to get the blood flowing to all the working parts. lol

I like the canoe, no noise. We had a canoe that came in two sections, it split right in the middle, and it dove tailed together, (I guess for easy transporting), so one day I wanted to see if it would work with just one half section. Well that how my dogs and I, became water dogs:D

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
I thought only WVasko was older than me on these forums.....

Winters just depress me. I think if I did not leave for work in the dark.. spend all day in an office away from the sun and then come home in the dark.. winter would not make me so miserable.

Of course, the other part of winter that ruins it for me is spending all summer worrying how I am going to pay to heat the place all winter. That cost has become astronomical. We get a breather right now, but I expect Fuel Oil to hit $10 a gallon at some point.

I never heard of a "half canoe..." The one I have access to is a very very stable Grumman 15 footer. Perfect for two ppl, a dog and about 4 days worth of camping supplies. Since it is now one persona nd one dog, there is more room for camping stuff so you can stay longer. This would be up some pristine wilderness lake BTW not the busy shipping lanes of the Hudson river!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts