Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, how weird. And how heartbreaking. I'm really floored right now.

I was browsing puppymill sites and came across one with a bunch of photo's (http://www.nowisconsinpuppymills.com/snowpups.html). As I was browsing the photo's, I came across one with a dog in the background that looks IDENTICAL (down to the spotted belly!) of Sam. I am utter awe at the similarities.

Now I really want to know what my Sam is mixed with. But I am blown away at the similarities of this photo and Sam! And Sam is a mixed mutt, which makes me wonder what that poor dog in the photo is. Wow... I'm seriously in awe right now. And my heart aches for the poor thing in the photo.

Anyways, I just had to share the similarities with y'all, it shocked me when I clicked on the photo. I couldn't quit staring at it.

Puppy mill photo:

And my Sam:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Sam is handsome, and I'm not one for Jack Russies, if that is what he is, but he's adorable! He looks so distinguished and wise in that picture, like he's pondering the meaning of his existence. lol!

Shortly after I joined here I discussed a similar experience with someone who takes pictures of available adopting dogs... One dog in Texas, (forget the little guy's name), looked identical to my Donatello! It was a boy, had the same white stripe down the chest, everything... Upon farther examination for nearly thirty minutes I concluded that the brown around the muzzle of that strange dog was thicker than Donatello's... Such a slight difference it was though! There for awhile I thought that maybe somehow Donatello found his way to me all the way from Texas! Crazy thought!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the vet said he thinks he's a rat terrier/beagle mix. I dunno... he doesn't have the howl of a beagle or the "yip" of a small dog. In fact, he has an extremely deep "ROOF!" like a lab when he barks. I still call him a rat terrier/beagle mix, I'm going to get him DNA tested one day.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
so would that be a Regal? Sam is cute, whatever he may be. :)

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Whoa totally alike. You already know I think Sam is super gorgeous. Spots are common though, the skin spots and often seen on white dogs who have black pigment. They do look a lot alike though. Maybe one of these days you can do the wisdom panel DNA test.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Sam's a stud muffin. :p

I've seen a few dogs that *kinda* look like him, but never one that was so splitting image. I guess being a puppymill photo made it worse for me, LOL.

I plan to have him DNA tested one of these days. I'm gonna see about having it done soon, cause I know you're just as anxious to hear the results. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd say a lot of Rat Terrier except that the ears are too floppy and face is just a little too square; maybe that's where the vet added beagle to the mix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts