Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a thread in the pet discussion forums on craigslist, and someone was asking for opinions on this.
This topic really intrigues me. Some people said that animals had no place at a wedding and it'd be rude to assume everyone attending the wedding liked dogs and would be ok with them there. Some people said that it's totally up to the bride/groom as long as they know their dogs and if they could actually handle the situation.

I don't think I'd want mine at my wedding, but I was thinking about having professional portraits of them made and then having a butterfly added to the tip of their noses or something (because I sort of want a "butterfly" theme, but not one in a tacky 12-year oldish way) and using the pictures to make table cards out of. I saw some table cards a while back somewhere and they came out very nice actually.

So what do you guys think? Would you even think of incorporating them in some way?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Awww :).
Are you thinking of doing a flower girl/ring bearer thing? Or just have them there or somewhere else in the wedding? I think Callahan would make the best ring bearer though.
We plan on Callahan being the ring bearer with my baby cousin... who will not be a baby when the time comes for us to get married LOL! We would like to get married in about 3-5 years... and if Callahan is here with us then that is how it will go! My cousin will be 6-8 years old! So it will be perfect! Callahan will wear the ring on his collar with the pillow... and my cousin will remove it and hand it to us.

Guera (if she is still with us) will be dressed up and walk with the flower girl :). We've got it all planned out... and know that no matter what they will be a part of our wedding.

Nessa

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Absolutely! Of course, I have NO plans on getting married (can't mate in captivity ;):D), however, Maddy and I attended the wedding of the daughter of a friend, where she (Maddy) was the flower girl. The bride's Standard Poodle was the ring bearer, and her mom's Standard Poodle was the Matron of Honor (there was also a human maid of honor). The wedding was held outdoors, and the Poodles were decked out to match the mideival theme. There were several other SPoodles in attendance, and all attended the reception afterward. Their manners were impeccable, they all got along with each other, and they danced! LOL

Bottom line, the bride makes the choice! If she wants her dog at her wedding, then she should just do it, and to heck with what anyone else thinks!

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
I have no plans to marry anytime soon, but when/if I do, Kuma will most definitely be a part of the ceremony.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I would have my dogs at my wedding before I had other people there. :) I didn't have dogs when I got married, but if I had, they would have been there.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My dog was not there for either of my weddings (I'm divorced and remarried), but I would have loved it if he could have been. The first it just didn't happen, and this last time, we simply married in the Courthouse, so no dogs were allowed.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I would like to have my dog at my wedding, but I don't think I will. Matrix will be an old grumpy senior by then, and I don't know how well he would handle all the commotion. I think we would both be happier if he came on our honey moon instead.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Max would not be in the wedding itself because he couldn't handle the commotion, but we'd include him in some of the portraits/photography because we're a family. We have talked about a wedding gift to ourselves being taking him through enough training to deal with the commotion so he could be a ring bearer (and a better trained dog!), but I'm not going to count on that. I will count on at least a few pictures though :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am getting married next weekend :) Lucy will not be apart of the ceremony, I really don't think she could handle the commotion right now and she would not be happy. So I don't think it would be fair to her! However, she is going to be in some of our wedding photos!! She is our family! Our photos are in the afternoon, the ceremony is not until 7:00 pm so we will run her home after the pictures. She was in some of our engagement photos too!

·
Registered
714 Posts
i wanted my dogs at my wedding, at the time it was just izzy and koozie. but we got married last summer 06-07-08 and outdoors. izzy is very iffy on new people and koozie just follows izzy, so they would not have enjoyed it at all, and i didnt want to put them through it for my own pleasure. but the thought did cross my mind quite a few times.

but i think when/if we get family pictures, that is a better place for them to fit in and you not have to worry as much about your dog being uncomfortable.

·
Banned
593 Posts
My dog was in my wedding! :D

We didn't have a big wedding. We just had our immediate family there......... so of coarse no one cared she was there. They all LOVE her anyway. Lula was so great! She was so calm and just laid around the whole time. She was in some of the photo's and of coarse looked wonderful in all the pictures she was in.......she is after all a camera hog. Hehe... It was one of the most wonderful days of my life! :) I wouldn't of had it any different.

My sister also had her little Chihuahua, Bruiser in her wedding. My sis had a very LARGE wedding though. Bruiser had a little tuxedo top made especially for him with a little tie that held the ring. He was carried down the isle by the ring boy. Some guest at her wedding didn't like dogs and didn't agree with him being there but he spent most of the time on my step-fathers lap. No harm done and the guest got over it quickly.

BTW, My anniversary is this weekend......Hehe. :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
well i dont have any wedding plans as of right now..heck, i odnt even have any boyfriend plans as of yet...:D

i guess it would depend all on Rosie. If she was like she is now..heck no. Most of my time would be spent checking on her and making sure she was behaved. If she was older and more mature, I would definitely want to have her there. Probably not in the wedding, but definitely there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Depending on if/how soon I get married... I don't know if Tori will even be around. She's getting up there in age, unfortunately, but if she's still kickin', then yes! She will be at my wedding. I wouldn't want her to miss it!

Bambi, on the other hand, will have to stay home. She'd go ballistic... but Little will definitely be there!

I've actually thought about this subject quite a lot, but it'll be a while before I get married... seeing as I'm not even dating at the moment. xD

1 - 20 of 38 Posts