Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - just joined the forum - I wondered if anyone could give me some insight into what breeds might be in my two rescue's. They are both appx 3 year old dogs. Someone has suggested to me that my smaller dog is possibly a Nova Scotia Duck Toller Mix and the other a GSD mix. The GSD mix, has a huge bushy tail that curls over.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It's very unlikely you have a toller mix, since that's a very rare breed. She looks like a Golden- possibly even purebred with a bad (semi erect) ear! I have rescued many AKC registered Goldens that looked almost exactly like that.

I would say long haired GSD mix for the other dog :)

And both are beautiful!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the feedback. Yes I realise Tollers are rare breeds - the only thing that makes me think more Toller is the size. He is 19 inches and basically a miniature golden retriever - i've had two goldens before. Thought the GSD in Paddy was right (Paddy has the one up one down ear). Errols ears are both virtually flat, I think maybe the photo's look like one is slightly up?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
The little one looks like my cousin's toller mix. I didn't realize tollers were rare... I have seen quite a few. But it probably depends on where you live (I'm from PEI, which is right next to Nova Scotia). I could see golden too, though. I've seen a lot of BYB goldens that looked similar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think you can see the size of him next to one of my cats - he also has slightly webbed feet. I do think he is a 'heinz' variety, but quite close to a toller. I've had him for just over a year now. His coat has gone a much deeper golden and he has some lovely white patches which have come through, he didn't have any white when we got him!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts