Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dog passed away in October, and while we have a new puppy now, and it has certainly been longer than most people will be posting I wanted to make sure it was ok before I did it. In all honesty, it still hurts, very much, every day, and he was a great pup. I just want to make sure this will not offend those who recently lost a pup.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don't see a problem with it at all. Just cuz it's been a long time doesn't mean that it's not going to hurt, especially since it sounds like he was really special to you. Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog :(.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone! I just really wanted to make sure its cool, I don't want anyone to think I am like hogging attention away from those who just recently lost a pup. Maybe I will post in all of the recent ones before posting too. It was very, very hard and still is. I'm also kinda having major issues now that we have a new puppy too. Like when she has to go to the vet, its reminding me of the last trip to the animal hospital. And she has worms, and has to get the medicine in an eyedropper. My dog was on medicine in an eyedropper the last months of his life, and its too hard for me to do it for her- I make the bf do it (since I was the one giving my old dog the medicine all but 2 or 3 times.) I know it is silly, and maybe a bit whiney even but it would help to get some stuff out.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Absolutely it is ok. We lost our 13 year old shepherd over a year ago and we all still cry tears for him. I think anyone who has lost a pup would completely understand. I'm glad you have a new one, and it is very ok and normal to still be grieving the one that passed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts