Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I am thinking about moving to a property where my dogs would share a yard with three of my friends's dogs. Their dogs are not trained, loud, and just plain and simply impolite. They all get along fine, they have hung out together a few times already. My concern is, will all of my diligent training go out the window if my dogs are with them on a regular basis? This could mean us not moving, I take their training and good behavior that seriously.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Both people and other dogs can reverse your training. It is possible for you to maintain discipline... but I know that I don't have that type of patience.... I prefer to avoid a continuous distractor...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both people and other dogs can reverse your training. It is possible for you to maintain discipline... but I know that I don't have that type of patience.... I prefer to avoid a continuous distractor...
We did decide against the property...I agree with avoiding the distraction too =)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I am dealing with that with my OH's friend's puppy. He is a good guy but also has three kids & is very busy with little time for training so, josefina (being an orphan & developmentally challenged as it is because of it, it leaves her twice as impressionable) did regress in certain behaviors (she started pooping in the sandy area of the barn where the two small round pens are) & wondering off while we are working (something she KNOWS she isn't supposed to do) so I get it when you talk about regression. She isn't my dog she is OH's dog so he represents her by giving her time outs when he catches her wondering off & I have been interrupting & redirecting her where the APPROPRAITE potty places are (grass ONLY!!!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts