Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, recently my boyfriends roomate asked him to watch his friends dog while they were both out of town and he agreed to it. Well when he dropped the puppy off we noticed he was a bit odd looking. First of all a normal 5 month old lab puppy should have tons of energy and jump and run all over the place, but not this one. He cant even jump up and he can barely run. The first thought we had was that he was malnourised because his bones do stick out quite a bit. Well theres a few other things though. His body just looks very deformed. His legs in the front and spread wide apart and are somewhat bowlegged, and his back legs are the opposite, they are close together and when he walks or moves his back feet tend to stay together. Its kind of hard to explain and I dont have a pic yet, but he is definately not a normal five month old lab. We also thought that maybe he could possibly be an incest dog because I know they come out deformed, but I dont know whats wrong with him or what I should do. Hes always whining like hes in pain and we cannot adopt him because our two male labs are almost too much as it is. Obviously his owner does not take care of him as he should.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If I were you, I would get that dog to a no kill shelter and when the owner came back I would lie and say he ran away.

This does not sound normal, and like he needs veterinary attention.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I doubt it's product of incest, it would take a LOT of really screwed up inbreeding to get what I'm imagining, inbreeding doesn't cause two heads and 8 legs like some people think lol, and there is a wrong way and a right way to do inbreeding. It would be excellent if you could show pictures for us to see. He could have suffered a birth defect, perhaps a surviver of "swimmers"? who knows I would say a vet check and physical is in order, if his owner doesn't want to then you could always volunteer the money as a christmas present, if you can afford it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts