Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonnie, my Golden Doodle, passed a bunch of small white worms in her stool in September. I went into the Vet and they said to just worm her with Dolpac which is supposed to cover all types of worms, including tapeworm although these were not tapes.

Today, I was cleaning up my yard which I do at least twice a day as I have four big dogs and found one fresh poop full of the small white worms again. Took a sample right into the Vet and all they could tell me was that they did not know what kind of worms they are and to just worm her again with the same wormer. I had always used Drontal before but they have switched to the Dolpac.

What can you do when your Vet cannot tell you what type of worm they are? I would rather know what sort of worm and not just reworm them all. Until I am sure which of the four passed them, I won't be worming anyone. Have not see any worms that look like them when I looked up dog worms.

Any thoughts of what they could be? They obviously are not tape worm or round worm or the Vet would recognize them or should.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Good grief. Find another vet who cares enough to identify the worms. If they don't care about this what will they slack on next?

Sometimes more than one treatment is necessary to get rid of worms and of course the dog could simply have picked up more of the same.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When Bonnie pooped this morning, there were more of the little white worms in her stool so I will reworm her. So far have not seen any in anyone else's stool.

The only other Vet is about an hour and a half drive each way but may have to do that if this worming does not get rid of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts