Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My puppy seems to have an avid interest in BUGS! lol

When its raining and theres worms on the sidewalk, she tries so hard to sniff them and pick them up. Sometimes when I let her run around at the farm while Im cleaning my tack or sweeping the barn she come running in with a snail shell in her mouth (not sure if theres anything in them...).

My question is, is she are a worm or snail, will she get sick? This could be the "dumb question of the day", but Im curious :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
The biggest problem I see with that is that if she swallowed the snail's shell, it could cause her to choke or cause a blockage. Other than that as long as she doesn't eat a toxic bug she should be okay. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ruby has a worm fetish, so bad that it's hard to get her pee because she is so interested in these silly worms, she digs for them, looks for them etc etc...She has put some in her mouth but never chewed...yet!!!

I swaer to goodness that she must have been a robin in a past life, her love for worms is just to strong lol.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I understand the bug fascination, the June bugs have recently started appearing all over the place!

I think, just so long as the bug is chewable and not some sort of poisonous caterpillar or anything, it'll be fine. Might add a little extra protein to the diet? XD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts