Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a new dog owner and discovered worms in my dogs stool this morning. I have a vet appointment in 5 days I’m wondering it’s okay to wait that long or if I should try to get him in sooner! Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
How old is the dog? Worms in a baby puppy stool is more critical than in an older dog. Be sure to bring a stool sample to your vet including some of the worms if you can so they can diagnose the type of worm and give you the correct worming medication.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is the dog? Worms in a baby puppy stool is more critical than in an older dog. Be sure to bring a stool sample to your vet including some of the worms if you can so they can diagnose the type of worm and give you the correct worming medication.
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. He’s 8 weeks old. The breeder told me he was dewormed but when I asked her about it this morning she stopped answering so I’m starting to wonder. Do you recommend I keep the stool from right now till Tuesday? Or would bringing a sample that morning be better? Thanks again Much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
12,147 Posts
You need a fresh start a sample when you go in. For a dog that young, sooner would be better than later.

Any further questions about this should be directed to your vet, per forum rules and for the protection of your pup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.