Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued a unknown male retriever from a local shelter Saturday. He is scheduled for neutering in the morning.
Tonight I collected a stool sample that is full of 3/8" white worms, there must be hundreds in the stool.
Should I let the vet continue with the surgery?
It is a state mandated neuter, I signed a contract. I do not want to lose this animal,
I have lost 2 beloved labs in the last year, one this week, I cannot bear another. I have become attached to this one already.

Thank you
Les

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Take a stool sample to the vet so he can decide on the best course of action for your dog and treat him appropriately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am afraid that the vet will neuter him wether it is in the dogs best interest, as it is a state neuter and I am sure he is not getting his full rate. Will he really care! It's just a shelter mutt right. He will get paid dead or alive.

I have had experience with this vet and he is not a good guy!

The dog should be in 100% good health be fore a surgery correct?

Does anyone have experience with Missouri neuter contracts. The contract I signed says that animals under 6 mo. Must be neutered after 13 days of 6mo. Of age. My contact states the dog is 4 mo. 10 days old. This means I have a couple of months to neuter correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts