Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I'm new to this forum,
I have a question about worming my staffordshire bull terrier pup and side effects it has on him.

the first time we wormed him at 8 weeks old he had a bit of diarrhea but i have read that is normal, but every time after that I have noticed changes in his behavior (he is 4 months old now).

every time it comes around that we need to worm him, for the entire day after we give him the tablets he wanders around the house winging, like he is looking for something or wants to go out, I take him out he wants to come in and winges and I feed him, he scoffs it down and then winges some more... I don't know if these tablets could be effecting his head or if its a belly ache thats making him act like this... I've never seen it in other dogs. thanks!

Meg

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
He could be having a bad reaction to the de-wormer. What kind is it? Did you get it from the vet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has happened with two different types, one was from the vet but im not sure what it was, the other was drontal from the pet store and it only ever happens for the day, the next day he is fine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts