Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
21? that's it? I would've expected the oldest dog to be older than that but maybe that's just because I have an almost 17 year dog that shows little sign of stopping anytime soon.

That dachshund sure is a cutie!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Pretty darn cute!!!

·
Banned
894 Posts
21? that's it? I would've expected the oldest dog to be older than that but maybe that's just because I have an almost 17 year dog that shows little sign of stopping anytime soon.

That dachshund sure is a cutie!
A 29 year old dog recently died, and I think the oldest recorded dog lived to 34.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gosh that is great, I just recently lost my 19yr old german shorthair and she was in excellent health, still wanting to go out and hunt. I really miss her

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
my husband said there was a dog that he knew (a stray that everyone just fed) in Maine when he was a teen that had been there all his yrs of being there (he left at about 16) and an old man he worked for said he'd been there at least that long already and showed up as an adult (nobody knew how old he really was, and every yr someone would take him into the vet for his rabies)....no one really wanted him and he really didn't want anyone....

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Chanel, the world’s oldest dog, used to be athletic, running several miles a day with her owner. She has slowed down in the past two years
Lol! So this dog was running several miles a day at 19? Geez, I'm jealous, I'm not even that fit at the same age! XD

·
Registered
209 Posts
What a sweet looking dachshund, an unusual color the white. Way to go dachshund, they don't just have long backs! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts