Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I went our to help my friend again and I got to meet some new dogs. All are sweet, loving, and just waiting for attention. We made out rounds and every chance I got I took pictures. Here they are..

First we went over where the cat colony is. I saw a new face, but couldn’t get to close. He’s cross eyed too.

This is another favorite, but it looks like he’s been getting into fights. Didn’t mind being picked up for his picture though.

And near the cats is the mama dog where they sold all of the pups except one. I took pictures a while back when they were all just weeks old.

This is mama

And a blurry one of the last puppy

*Plenty More*

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moses (All of his pictures look the same)

Diamond (6 month old white, piggy pit) used to live behind Moses, but she was rehomed and is now being taken care of. So instead they got a new 6 month old Pit (possibly mix) who is very underweight.

*More*

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted a thread a couple weeks ago with pictures of Whitey; the first dog I’d groomed. She is doing really good, but these are the two dogs that live chained up outside.

Pewee

His play (girl) pose

And Black the rottie that didn’t want my black box to take pictures of him. Lol

*More*

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Then, we went back to her house to pick up a couple dog houses and a few collars. Since we were right there we took out a couple of her dogs. Samson is a new face too; she was feeding Princess (one of her regular rout dogs) and he came wondering up behind her looking for food. He was being kept, along with a few other rotties, as guard dogs. We’re not sure how he got out, but we’re glad he did. I’m not sure how he made it there because he’s just such a big baby. He sure did win over my heart and my face. Lol

He wouldn’t stop giving me kisses

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then we headed back out to take the dog houses to the needed dogs.

Baby is the female and I can’t even imagine how full of worms she is. She had the chain rapped around her neck and hooked to the fence. Once she knew we were there to help her, she turned into moosh. So a much needed collar, a dog house, water, food, dewormer, and more room to walk around, let along a cleaned up place to sleep.. she was very happy.

The male (can’t remember name) was also rapped in chains, but on top of that he had a 3 inch collar around his neck. He was so scared it was sad to see, but I clipped his fang like toe nails, we fed, watered, gave him a house, also dewormed him, and gave him many kisses. They were much happier when we left.

*More*

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
After we set those two dogs up and safe from the incoming rain we headed back to her house to finish taking pictures.

This is Brandy; she had been living as a stray for at least the last year and was being fed by Angie ever since the first time she saw her. Well Friday I got a phone call that she had to put one of her fosters down. He was at least 13 years old and his chest was full of cancer; some of you might remember him from my other threads. His name was Drake. Later that day she was making her rounds feeding and after almost a year Brandy came up to her. As if she was asking for her to take her home, that she was ready to start over. She is still a little scared, but she’s not hungry, cold, lonely, instead she’s loved.

She was also given two 6 week old Chihuahua/poodle mix puppies.
This is Sammy

And this is JJ

Together

*That's All* Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
oh Ted, these dogs will remember your kindness forever. It makes me so sad to see them all, no wonder why people burn out on rescue there are just always more and more and more :( That kitty's face made me cry. God Bless you.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Teddie, what a wonderful thing you and your friend do. All those babies are beautiful and I'm sure they appreciate everything you do for them.

Samson is such a cutie. I love the big smile on his face in the first picture and of course the picture of him giving you kisses... :D What a sweetie

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
your second picture is exactly why I get crazy mad when people let their cats out to run. Anything can happen to them. dogs other cats to fight with etc... Poor babies. I give you all the world of credit for doing your part to make the world a better place Teddie. I am proud of you.

What is a big scary Rottweiler supposed to do if it is unhappy with the world's choice for it's life? Escape sounds like the intelligent choice. I am glad he made his way into a better situation. I hope it improves even more by finding his way into a permanent loving home. Proof to the fact that even rescue dogs can love, be loved and bond with people.
I love the frog dog pose on Peewee too. Doesn't it amaze you how wonderfully friendly dogs can be even when they have been treated so poorly? They are just so willing to forgive. We can all learn from them, can't we?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
you owe me a hanky.. :( Im bawling my eyes out.. Give them hugs and tons of kisses from me.. Love the kissing pics LOL!

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Wow, Samson's face is just shining with joy...amazing how some dogs are so resilient. I hope he finds a home soon.

Looks like you guys are the one bright spot in many of those dogs' lives...

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I must have missed something...what's the deal with these dogs? Why are they chained out?
I posted this on another forum, but it's a quick sum up of why the dogs are chained..

These dogs are in the not so good part of West Dallas, meaning he drug houses, abandon homes and some people that don't give a rats A**. They are kept as pretty much a symbol and that is a huge reason in why you see so many pits or pit mixes. So many people see them and think they are horribly aggressive dogs, don't mess with this house because the dog will get you.

What they don't know is how AMAZING these dogs are. While some have been bred, raised to be aggressive, most aren't. Since they are only kept as a "symbol" they could care less if they're fed or cared for. All that matters is that they scare away intruders.

Here are some of the other threads I've made..

http://www.dogforums.com/8-dog-pictures-forum/39465-when-there-isn-t.html
http://www.dogforums.com/8-dog-pictures-forum/39873-more-lovin-unwanted-animals.html
http://www.dogforums.com/8-dog-pictures-forum/40725-two-pups-we-picked.html

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
wow. some amazing dogs there! they are all beautiful. sad sad sad that there are animals treated like this:(

by the way how is that puppy you posted a few weeks ago doing? love to see how he is looking now!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Oh Ted, you are such a blessing. It just breaks my heart (and thanks a lot for making me cry at work). Those dogs are soooo lucky to have people like you to show some love. And they are all so gorgeous!! Samson - big bad guard dog, HA! What a lover!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts