Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The World Dog Show is coming up this weekend. This year it's being held in Salzburg, Austria at the Salzburg Exhibition Centre. The World Dog Show is one of the largest FCI shows held every year in a different location. Last year it was held in Paris.

I hope to be able to find the results this weekend to post, so that we can see dog from around the world. Last year an Akita from Spain took top honors.

I figured I would post this now, before I forgot about it.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Posting on this so I'll be sure to see it this weekend! I enjoy seeing pictures of the winning dogs from each group. :)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Awesome! I hope to visit the World Dog Show someday. Last year I went to the Euro Dog Show because it was in Leeuwarden (of ALL places in Europe, only 20 km from my home!!) so OF COURSE I visited, couldn't resist :D Some awful things happened there though, the weather was extremely hot and people left dogs in their cars... *facepalm* A couple of dogs actually died from the heat. Really awful.

It's a shame FCI shows can't be seen on tv or anything, like the English Crufts and American Westminster.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I wish the FCI allowed a more varied phenotype in Aussies to register with them and allowed the judges and breeders who have been with the breed since it's beginning to be judges for their shows. The FCI is EXTREMELY misinformed on my breed and have turned down many "judges education" seminars hosted by breed historians.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I wish the FCI allowed a more varied phenotype in Aussies to register with them and allowed the judges and breeders who have been with the breed since it's beginning to be judges for their shows. The FCI is EXTREMELY misinformed on my breed and have turned down many "judges education" seminars hosted by breed historians.
I saw a picture of one dog who was apparently excuded or disqualified as "not purebred". She looked like many of the working line Aussies I've known - less coat - not much flash. But looked like an Aussie. I think they must be nuts. If they can't judge a breed correctly, they shouldn't even recognize it. Then again, I had one lady send me a picture of her rescue dog who was a lighter boned, lightly coated black bi that she wanted to ILP. I told her AKC might have a problem because he didn't look like what you typically see in the show ring. Sure enough, she updated me, and they would not ILP the dog as an Aussie, but were willing to ILP him as a Border Collie (with no tail)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Found today's results: http://worlddogshow.oekv.at/home/ergebnisse-results.html?L=1

Today was group 3, 7, 8 and 10.

Weimaraners went today and this was the winner

Multi CH. Grey Classic's Ipanema Girl from Belgium

As for group winners

Group 3 winners: Terrier Group

1) American Staffordshire Terrier

CH. Don King of Ring's from Serbia

2) Kerry Blue Terrier

CH. Avalanche Eire-Kerry Cezaria Evora from Russia

3) Yorkshire Terrier

CH. Hocus Pocus Wild Fantasy from Czech Republic

more to come

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
The Saluki won the sighthound group, or so I've read :) I wonder who #2 and #3 were for group 10.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Saluki won the sighthound group, or so I've read :) I wonder who #2 and #3 were for group 10.
Im getting to it, lost my connection as I hit enter for group 8, so need to redo that first.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Group 8: Retrievers, Flushing Dogs, Water Dogs

1) English Springer Spaniel

Linmoor Zimply Zalient from Poland (originally Sweden)

2) Portuguese Water Dog

Light My Fire Da Pedra Da Anixa from Portugal

3) Clumber Spaniel

Big Boom's Banditos Dex from Croatia

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Group 10: Sighthounds

1) Saluki

Shiraz California Dreamin' from Sweden

2) Afghan Hound

Agha Djari's Unplugged Version from Germany

3) Whippet

Rivarco The Dancing Queen from Italy

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are the Best Puppy and Veterans

Puppy

1) Golden Retriever

Center Of My Life Iz Doliny Solnca from Russia

2) Portuguese Water Dog

Sweet Obsession The One I Love from Croatia

3) Miniature Bull Terrier

Famous Star Extazy from Russia

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Veterans

1) Irish Red Setter

American Dollar Z Arislandu from Poland

2) Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

Multi CH. Piero from Italy

3) Afghan Hound

Neliapilan Kuutamokeikka from Finland

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tomorrow's groups are

1: Sheepdogs and Cattle Dogs
5: Spitz and Primitive Breeds
9: Companion and Toy Breeds

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That Weim sure is beautiful :3

I really love that Saluki!
Yes she is very much so.

That Saluki I believe made the finals of the Eukenuba World Challenge last year.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yes he did.

I'm really impressed by that Weim.

(can't wait for tomorrow though xD)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes he did.

I'm really impressed by that Weim.

(can't wait for tomorrow though xD)
LOL I am sure you can't . Yes I am very impressed by that weim, have to see If I can find a ped and see where she goes back to.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aha, found why I like her so much, she goes back to some of the biggest names in Weims here, two of which Kira goes back too.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts