Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
While I'm currently unemployed (2 months ago i lost the job I had for 10 years), I can say I had you beat.

8-14 hours in attics between 110 to 130 degrees
8-14 hours in subfloors (a 2' space between the ground and your floor under houses, some areas don't have that, but CA has it.) that are mud soaked, full of spiders, rats, cats, snakes, etc both dead and alive.
8-14 hours on a roof during summer, it's a good 10 degrees hotter on the roof, not only that a lot of modern roofing is some kind of white vinyl. It reflects the sun. Which made it even hotter. People don't normally put sunblock under their chin, on the bottom of their nose, etc. Sunburns in places you never knew got sunburned before.

8-14 hours working in hospitals in between floors. My current record is a space of 14" tall. They had to tie a rope to me to pull me out after I was done.

I really can go on forever. My job was BRUTAL. (hey, I normally wouldn't do this one upmanship thing, but you are the one who threw down the challenge!)

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hon I wanted to be one upped...

mummified roaches and bloated piss soaked rat corpses plus nasty oil slicks and being the only chick in a shop full of Jim Bo Bubbas hyuck hyucking about women gets to a girl sometimes...

this is one of those misery loves company kinda threads. :p

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
hon I wanted to be one upped...

mummified roaches and bloated piss soaked rat corpses plus nasty oil slicks and being the only chick in a shop full of Jim Bo Bubbas hyuck hyucking about women gets to a girl sometimes...

this is one of those misery loves company kinda threads. :p
I do sympathize you with the part where you're a female in a male dominated work environment.

The only woman that works where I did was the secretary, and I would see a lot of very degrading stuff go on.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I get a lot of

''Gurl you too purty to be messin round heah''

and then they spill stuff on purpose so I have to go mop it up and they get to oogle me while Im doing it. :mad:

But its my job.

My other job is another kind of crappy. I canvass for a pro choice org. and this is the south...so I get
''BABY MURDERER!!'' a lot...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
430 Posts
This is why I work pediatrics instead of with adult patients. With kids, I'm ok with vomit, urine and stool. I hate taking care of adults in diapers. Yes, I know. One day, I'll be there too, and I'll appreciate someone taking care of me. Believe me, I never, EVER let a patient know that I don't like taking care of them.

·
Registered
861 Posts
wow...you guys have it rough.

uhh... yea i can't compete when the worst thing that happens to me is if an old lady yells at me in another language for something that isn't my fault. (well the curse words were in english)

but r, i am a little jealous of you being in construction. i used to LOVE it when i worked in construction. never did HVAC, but i had to crawl into a 16 inch space with no lighting to install a socket.
it really sucked to be in a male dominated industry because my male coworkers/boss didn't want to give me a lot of jobs because i was the girl. it sucked. especially since i was tougher than all of my klutzy, wimpy male coworkers anyway...

i have to say, i am proud of all my battle wounds from that job...haha

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I used to work at safeway last year...and one day I went to go check on the bathroom and some old guy walked out laughing and I shrugged him off...

Well I opened the bathroom door and he had smeared..umm...urine and feces...everywhere...ceiling, floors, mirror, there was like, no white on the walls...anywhere...

It was horrible, but I'm glad I don't have a sense of smell :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Have you ever had anal sac juice in your hair? Ever had to clorox a kennel top to bottom (I lose quite a few brain cells to clorox)? Get peed on several times a day? Get rotten food/feces/intestinal tissue/blood vomited on you?

I adore my job because I get to work with animals, but I also get to do all the nasty jobs. That is not even mentioning the massive amounts of poop and pee I get to "play" with all the time ("This dog may have eaten something funny. Take him out back and look through his poop when he goes...")

1 - 10 of 10 Posts