Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to Woofstock? I moved to the GTA about 5 years ago but since I didn't have a dog at the time I never thought much about it. Now that I'm in the area AND have a dog, I'm thinking of checking it out this year. Just wondering what the whole "atmosphere" is like and what kinds of things goes on there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oooh, that looks like fun! My puppy is the first dog I've had that has been completely comfortable around strangers (both dogs and humans), so it might be a good idea to take her for an afternoon.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I have gone to both summer and winter woofstock almost every single one every year. its lots of fun, lots of great deals on products.

Its the biggest dog expo in north america.its massive. lots of waking to be done, lots of bargains ect

·
Registered
179 Posts
Every time I've gone, it's been VERY VERY busy. I wouldn't advise going with a dog that isn't comfortable in large crowds and around dogs. I think Neeka and SiSi found it to be a bit much last year, and we were only there at the very end after the crowd had died down a bit. It was a ton of fun, though! Lots of interesting things to see and buy.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've been to the summer one. Wouldn't go again. Mainly deals for people with itty bitty dogs. Too crowded, not enough parking. Too many people who can't control their dogs. I've gotten better deals at other GTA dog events.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'll echo what's been said already.
If (only if) you like crowds, Woofstock is a gr8 event.

On the quieter front,
there's an upcoming consumer dog show
in Toronto at Pawsway
http://pawsway.ca/en/About/Discovery/About
It's indoors (nice place) and you can bring your pooch
which is neat and it's free, which is even neater.

On Saturday May 5, they're having
"The Long and the Short of it Show,"
which will "showcase" very big and very small breeds.

Our boy has been invited to represent the BRT.
We did this show once before, a few years back.
It was fun, and not overly crowded.

Pawsway is right on the Toronto waterfront,
so there's lots of neat places to walk your dog.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Bentley is very comfortable with all dogs so I'm not too worried about that. I'm hoping that by going the first day, early when it opens that it won't be AS crowded lol.

prntmkr, thanks for that link. I didn't know about that one and may check it out as well. The only other one I had heard about was the All About Pet's Show, but you aren't allowed to bring your dog's to that one.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I bought more at All about pets show than woofstock. Less people's ill behaved dogs that way.. It really has been an issue most show's we've been to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts