Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
winston didnt eat his dinner last night, and he wont eat his breakfast this morning. he DID eat his vitamins and glucosamine, and a raw egg, but he wont touch the kibble. he *does* like this kibble, its his favorite [acana pacifica..he loves salmon]. yesterday, my husband texted me telling me he pooped on top of his ball [lol], then when i got home, i seem him pooping again. it was not firm at all, and then he wouldnt eat his dinner.
im watching his water closely today. i was too distracted yesterday to remember how many times i refill it, but usually hes a huge water drinker.

any tips or advice? my friend mentioned putting broth in with his food to encourage him to eat it. but doesnt that have a lootttt of sodium?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like he just has an upset stomach. Could have eaten something that didn't agree with him, or maybe some kind of tummy bug? Does he seem lethargic? If not I wouldn't worry too much yet.

I'd try plain boiled chicken and rice, and maybe mix in some canned pumpkin (not pie filling).

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hes a pretty laid-back dog as it is, so its hard to tell if hes lethargic. his play drive is just fine, lol! the only thing i can think of that is new to his tummy is yogurt. the last two days, hes had two tablespoons. he was fine the first day, yesterday was the second day.

ive been meaning to get some canned pumpkin, thank you for reminding me! maybe he has a cows milk intolerance..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Dogs can't really handle dairy well. I think most dogs are lactose intolerant, like cats. Try taking the yogurt out before adding the pumpkin.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yogurt has very little lactose in it. But taking it out is worthwhile anyway, since it's a new thing that coincides with this sickness.

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if its not the yogurt, what could it be? he has a very strong digestive system..
one time, my husband and i ordered some jalapeno cheese bread. we left it on the counter [like idiots] when we had to make a run to the store. we left winston home because we would be back shortly. and when we got back, he had eaten every single piece.. and he was perfectly fine! no vomiting, diarrhea, whining, nothin. i had hoped hed get sick to teach him a lesson but noope.. dangit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts