Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate it when people sell of animals and lie about their content. That hurts not only the buyers but the dogs as well. :kev:

I wonder if any of you have wolf hybrids that aren't really hybrids at all? Check out these pics:
This is a pure wolf:

This is a high-content (or HC) wolfdog:

This is a mid-content wolfdog:

This is a low-content wolfdog:

This is just a plain dog misrepresented to be a wolfdog:

And this one... (can you believe it?!)

And this girl i was talking to had a dog that looked like this and insisted it was part wolf!!! It took quite a bit of explaining and proof to convince her.

There are so many more.. If you want to, may you please show me some more horrific misrepresentations? It's one of my pet peeves!! >.<"

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
People will believe what they want to believe.

We have lots of wolfdog threads here by people much more knowledgeable on the subject.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't think this thread is a very good idea because you're asking for an argument essentially, this is a very sensitive topic.

I know nothing about wolfdogs (we have dingo mixes here) but they sure are beautiful creatures. :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
We have a few/several people on here who own wolfdogs and are very knowledgeable about them. I don't own any and I am still learning about them (I find them fascinating but don't plan on getting one) - it is very similiar to many other dog related misrepresentations - BYB GSDs being presented as perfectly healthy specimens without any testing to their parents - just that their parents are AKC and that is good enough, any recent designer mix as being a new breed (not wanting to start anything about if they should be a breed or not - just saying right now - no organization recognizes them as a breed), selling Sibes for more because they have blue eyes - there are plenty of underhand things in the dog world - misrepresenting wolfdogs is hardly the first and won't be the last. Good luck.

·
Registered
515 Posts
This happens a lot in the wolfdog world. There's tons of breeders claiming they're low/no content dogs are high contents. Tons of people do not know what to look for when looking at a litter of animals to know if its the real deal or not.
Here is a list of things, high contents are can only have one litter a year unlike dogs who have two litters, and they always have them in the spring.
Puppies are all born dark, even whites are born dark. They will not have stockings, booties, masks, big stars on they're head. They do not have white nails or pink pads. They do not have rear dew claws. Noses are black, not pink or liver colored. Ears will not be large and will be well furred, you should not be able to see pink inside of them. Also no white tipped tails or curled tail. They will not have bi eyes, or even blue eyes when they are grown. Now pups are born with blue eyes, but over the first few months they slowly start to change, here's a few pics of Loki's different eye color stages
Loki at 4 weeks old with blue eyes

6 weeks old, grey eyes

around three months green eyes

at six months his eyes are yellow

I have actually put a list out there of people who are misrepresenting they're animals, hoping people will wonder accrossed it and not be taken by them, its here
http://wolfdogforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1035

There's also a group on facebook which is really good, called Stop wolfdog misrepresentation
http://www.facebook.com/cindy23323/...t=like#!/groups/stopwolfdogmisrepresentation/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts