Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please please please make sure that your dogs have tags and collars on!

I work for our local municipality and all evening I've been taking calls from dog owners who's dogs have gone missing. One of my question is, "did you dog have tags and collar." 3/4 of the times the answer is no. Next question, is your dog microchipped. 90 percent of the time, the answer is No.

I really don't know how these people expect someone to return their dog to them if they don't have tags. I understand that not all dogs are microchipped but, at lease put a tag on your dog. Especially this time of year, dogs can really get spooked with the Fireworks.

So again, please make sure that your dog has his or her collar on, so we can safely return him or her to you, should he or she accidentally run off.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I'm sure my dogs will be invited to my parents house to blow stuff up, but I plan on leaving them at home crated just in case. I've never had them around fireworks so I'm not sure how well they'd do. I figure better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Fireworks don't turn my dogs into freaks. and anyways we don't have lots of fireworks aound here. you wont see my dogs

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Honestly, Zero would probably be fine. Brutus would go, "Hey, I bet I know how we can make this more interesting......."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts