Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone I'd like to wish a very happy 1st birthday... or should I say RE-birthday to my Riley & Piper!! Of course I don't know they're exact 'real' birthday, but for those that know the story, their would have been short lived lives took a major turn for the better one year ago today, and they started a brand new healthy life in a warm, loving home. They've changed so much over the past year it's unreal.... they just got a 100% clean bill of health yearly check up from the vet yesterday and they're doing absolutely fantastic! Wishing them many more happy years ahead =)

To celebrate... I baked them a cake! They lucked out this year though... the store was all out of party hats, hahah

I guess it must have turned out somewhat decent?? LOL

Of course I couldn't leave Piggy out of this.... she's as much a part of their lives as anybody

All gone.... that didn't take long

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A couple other pics from today

Shiny Piper

Sleepy Riley

Piper sitting like a goof on the couch, like she always sits, lol

Riley in his favorite spot

Aaaaannnd.... nap time

It's hard to believe it's been a full year already.... my oh my how time does fly, lol

Original thread from last year...

http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-forum/89691-people-never-cease-amaze.html

EDIT: Oh yea forgot one pic..... I had an audience in the kitchen while making the cake, hahah

·
Registered
188 Posts
I saw the thread and All i have to say it Thank you!! :D those dogs now have wonderful lives and watching them grow up and reading their story was heart warming <3 so amazing. Happy birthday you two :) You deserve it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Happy Birthday Riley and Piper! And Jared and Piggy.... you've done an awesome job raising those two!!!!

How's Piggy getting along since her surgery?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Happy Re-Birthday to all of them! You are wonderful for rescuing them when you found them outside! Bless all of you! :)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Oh my Gosh, what GREAT pics! I Loved the 2nd one, the one where they are watching you mix the batter, and the one with Riley and piggy on the bed. You've done an amazing job with them! Such Lucky dogs!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Happy Re-Birthday Riley & Piper! You and Piggy have done an awesome job taking care of them - this is a wonderful story.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Happy Birthday Riley and Piper! And Jared and Piggy.... you've done an awesome job raising those two!!!!

How's Piggy getting along since her surgery?
Thanks!! Piggy is doing fantastic.... her incision is almost completely healed and the top coat of hair is starting to grow back around it so the whole area is starting to blend in again (her undercoat is light blonde, lol). Still having some issues with the pool getting the water hot, but we've been doing lots of stretches and walking, and she's doing real well with that. She's pretty much not walking with a limp at all anymore, and sits up and down no probs. Every once in awhile when she's outside all day with the others, I think she kinda over does it sometimes and it gets a little sore still.... sometimes when she runs she'll still pick it up but others she'll leave it down. It'll just take a little more time, but she's definitely getting better =)

Happy Birthday RIley & Piper!
I love the first cake pic. I can almost hear Riley say "Hey, Piper, this looks good but why is our food on fire?"
Bwahahahahah I literally LOL'd, hahah. Perfect quote for that pic!

Oh my Gosh, what GREAT pics! I Loved the 2nd one, the one where they are watching you mix the batter, and the one with Riley and piggy on the bed. You've done an amazing job with them! Such Lucky dogs!
Hahah yea they've all perfected the 'feel sorry for me' looks whenever I'm in the kitchen, lol

I love this story! And your buddies all look wonderful and loved. Out of curiosity - what's the cake recipe? And what's it frosted with?
Thanks!! Here's the cake recipe.... there's a handful of different doggy cake recipes floating around, I did the peanut butter one. Very easy and it came out real good! I did the cream cheese frosting

1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a cake pan sprayed with a nonstick spray and bake for 40 minutes.
Store in refrigerator.

Frosting:
Combine the following ingredients and blend thoroughly:
12 ounces nonfat cream cheese (room temperature)
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp honey

Or:
Combine the following ingredients and blend thoroughly:
2 cups mashed ripe banana
1 Tbs butter
6 Tbs carob powder
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs Unbleached flour
1 tsp cinnamon

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and b-day wishes!! :wave: They definitely are some great dogs, for sure..... I love them like my own kids :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts