Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone back and forth on possibly doing a wisdom panel DNA test for Jubel mostly just for fun to see what it says. I looked into it a few months ago and saw that plott hounds (what I believe is a good amount of his mix) are included but decided against it at the time.

Recent threads sparked my interested again and I just visited the site again to look around. Plott hounds are still LISTED under the breed directory but the link that should lead to some brief breed info is now inactive, pretty sure it wasn't a few months ago. This spurred me to look up some of their photo gallery results for plott hound (might need to search plott hound from that link) and hardly any of there even remotely look like a hound mix let alone a plott hound. The first one really looks like a catahoula and another looks like a ACD, then a number of 'brown dogs'. I'm guessing they've taken plott hounds off their list unofficially since the links are deactivated and none of their photo gallery dogs look anything like a plott hound.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I think about doing one for Zoey but have the same reservations about the plott hound mix. I looked at that gallery under Plott Hounds and yeah...not too many hound looking dogs in there, except little wilma the beaglish? one at the bottom. Bummer.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Regardless, if you decide to give it a shot, buy it on ebay for $40-$50. Much more tempting than the $70 at the store!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too was interested in doing one on jacey, Just to see what he is mixed with, But decided against it as they can be very inaccurate.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Why not? If you have the extra $$ - and it's just for fun after all. I say just do it! :boink:

I'm thinking of doing the WP for the helluvit. I did BioPet a few years ago and I was really looking forward to seeing the results and being able to say, "are you nuts?? Poodle and Persian?!?" (or something equally ridiculous) - but it came back as exactly what I was told she was by the rescue - although the <5% Weimaraner made me go "hmmm". I'm just curious now if the WP says the same thing as BP.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Jax is so unique and I've done the WP test on him, but I just happened to stumble across someone at the dog park today that instantly knew him and says she's had his sister since November, also knows them to be a Husky-mix but no idea of the other side (though the vet claimed blue healer), and has been tempted to do one of the tests herself. I'm almost tempted to buy one for her now to see what it comes back with on her Dixie, as they are unmistakably littermates and quite unique.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts