Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I finished setting up Winston's play pen area in the kitchen and went to try and get him in the living room... nope, he just wanted to keep running around! So I grabbed a treat bag and went back into the kitchen and started shaking it and calling him. He ran into the kitchen full tilt and JUMPED into his play pen area, he cleared it completey and it's 26 inches high! I was just standing there with my jaw on the floor still shaking the treat bag while he sat pretty waiting for some praise from me. Haha, I might have to rethink how I keep him in the kitchen while I'm out of the house, especially so he doesn't end up hurting himself. I'll definitely be putting him in agility when he's a year old! :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
"look, ma, I has jumps!"

Once Kabota started jumping, I put it on a command "hop up!", but I don't know if that would mess with agility training.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
When my Leo was a baby he would run underneath our basset hounds belly back and forth back and forth. One day he just started jumping over him in like a jump rope now he uses the couch as a hurtle when he forgets is indoor manners ( which he gets in trouble for!) ^_^ What sort of dog is Winston?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winston is a Boston Terrier/Pug cross and just 10 months old, he's only 14 inches tall at the shoulder so I was really surprised that he was able to jump that high!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts