Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 9 week old puppy from the animal shelter on the 29th. She is had a very healthy looking poo and has been very energetic and playful. Sleeps just great And has had an appetite that I w.ould say was normal. This afternoon she started kind of started dry heaving and throwing ul a little. She has ate some food since it began and has been drinking water still as well. She keeps waking up and dry heaving and throwing up now though. She's had 1 of her parvo vaccination so far. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I did give her a very very small amount of new food in with her old food this afternoon but she had been dry heaving before that a little bit. I'm very very concerned I'm not sure what to do. I don't have all the money in the world to Treat something like parvo right now.... I don't think that's what it is because of her healthy poo an appetite...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I would take her to the vet. Dry heaving can be anything from gi upset, to parasites, parvo or a respiratory issue. If it turns out to be nothing serious, great. But if it turns out to be something more serious, you need to get a jump on it. If it's contagious, the shelter will also need to know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts