Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i thought it would be a little fun to name weird dog mixes. you know dog mixes that dont quite seem right, the kinda think where you just like
"What? How did that happen?"

So lets start :)

This is from another thread but still, HuskyxBasset

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have no idea how this happened, but it was an accidental breeding between a Basset Hound and a Shar Pei. Not that I would EVER condone it, but somehow they were the absolute cutest things! They got a bit less cute as they grew up, but still pretty cute.

·
Registered
637 Posts
how about an ankitaXbasset hound...:\

blood hound cross dane

american X english bull dog...all i can say is EWWW

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've seen a Lab/Bassett mix before. The dog had a Lab head and a Bassett body and it was solid black. I felt sorry for the dog.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The American x English Bulldog actually looks standard of the Olde English Bulldogge. This breed was originated back in the 1800's.
We have two of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lol, thanks for defending the bulldog, he looks sort of like my bulldog/boxer [I could pass him as an english bulldogge to the lesser educated dog enthusiasts]

No offense to the poster of that pic, to most my dog is either the cutest or ugliest dog around.

·
Registered
361 Posts
We had a Bassett Hound X Pit Bull at work. No pictures but it was hysterical. It had a pit body and head on these little basset legs. A sweetheart also but the high energy from the pit and the stubborn from the basset. Cute to visit with at work but wouldn't have wanted to try and train him.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
like this?

they sure are pretty!
Cute! They looked just like this but all tan.

We also had a Springer Spaniel/Pit Bull mix. It looked the shape of an APBT but the curly ears and coat of a Springer. Very interesting.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
My family had a Lab x Dachshund mix. We didn't know his parentage so it was only a guess, but there wasn't much doubt. Even his personality was indicative of the cross. He had that crazy-hyper Lab thing going on, and he was stubborn and vocal like a Dox. He was smaller than a Lab, but bigger than a Doxie, and he was a perfect chocolate Lab color. From the elbows up, he looked like a well proportioned (albeit undersized) Labrador. He just had short little legs.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
A friend of mine invited me to her house a few years back; it was the first time I had been there. I walked in the door, and said hello to her mom and sister. Her dog, what looked like a GSD, was laying in the hallway and, being a dogless dog lover at the time, I called it over.

Strange thing was, it didn't get up... it sort of slid over.

I made a funny face and said, "what the heck is wrong with your dog?!"

It was a GSDxBasset mix!!!! Funniest dog ever... it had a GSD body, GSD head, GSD tail, GSD coat... but basset ears and legs.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Aw, poor guy. I wanna hug him. =(

1 - 20 of 128 Posts