Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it???

As a dog lover I'm trying to do my part to give something back.

I chose to do something to HELP get dogs into better homes by creating a website designed to educate KIDS about all aspects of ownership ...

I made a post about the creation of the site several months ago and got some good responses from ppl here. BTW Thanks!

I finished the site this week and I posted a link to it yesterday to get some input before I made the site LIVE. THIS MORNING I see it got DELETED because the mod says "this site is advertiser supported" SO WHAT?

Aren't WE all trying to do the right thing here! My site is NOT going to threaten the integrity or the advertising base of this site!!!

So what's the deal? Can anyone please explain this to me?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
You need to take that up with the mods, not the whole forum. ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to take that up with the mods, not the whole forum. ;)
I would have thought that before doing it the mod would have sent me a pm or something insteed of just pulling the thread. thats why i came here to ask! :)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I'm not a moderator, and I didn't even see your post or your site. I would suspect it is nothing personal. There are rules to the forum, and apparently your posting violated the rules. I think it's as simple as that...nothing personal. I'm sure you had the best of intentions, but the forum cannot make exceptions to rules put in place.....because then it becomes a subjective decision (on the part of the moderators) on whether to allow such postings.

I would have thought that before doing it the mod would have sent me a pm or something insteed of just pulling the thread. thats why i came here to ask! :)
I agree with boxmein...you should just send the mods a PM and ask them directly. We can only speculate.

·
Registered
962 Posts
or the mod could have sent a PM to the poster telling why, we do not get that much controversial inputs that the mod could not take the time to PM, I think? Now I am going to get the stick for sure:)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I'm not a moderator, and I didn't even see your post or your site. I would suspect it is nothing personal. There are rules to the forum, and apparently your posting violated the rules. I think it's as simple as that...nothing personal. I'm sure you had the best of intentions, but the forum cannot make exceptions to rules put in place.....because then it becomes a subjective decision (on the part of the moderators) on whether to allow such postings.

I agree with boxmein...you should just send the mods a PM and ask them directly. We can only speculate.
I completely agree, Rules are rules regrdless if you agree with them. I belive the reason for the rule in question is that the site avertisers pay to have thier adds here, be it thru the server host or directly to dogforums. Because of that it's not fair to allow others to post or advertise or direct the members to thier site without paying for the right to advertise. I belive thier may also be legal reprocutions to the site it they allow it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.