Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mt 1 year old Chihuahua had 3 poodle mix puppies exactly 6 weeks and 2 days ago. For a couple of weeks after she had the puppies I kept finding very small blood spot on my bed (which is where she and the puppies were sleeping at). As it continued every time i found a spot of fresh blood I picked up the puppies and checked them and didn't find anything so I would check my dog and i still couldn't find anything. Then about a week ago I realized that the blood spot was at the same place my Chihuahua had just gotten up from sitting down at. So I looked at her private and kind of opened it up and its just like covered in blood on the inside. It is a small but steady amount of blood but its constantly coming out. For about 3 weeks after she had the puppies she was acting sort of depressed but then she started acting normal again. At this point she is not acting any different than before she got pregnant but I am very worries about the blood. What could this be? Should I take her to a vet or will she be ok? Is this normal and if so when will it stop? Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Please use this section as a resource to discuss "diagnosed" conditions and treatment options for your dog.
*Important - All serious concerns with your dog's health and well-being should be handled by a Veterinarian, so please refrain from asking questions that are best suited for their office.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.