Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dog gets crazier by the moment! :)

Now he's on my bed licking my pillow.

I mean, he's going to town on it like I had put a steak on it the night before!

I guess he's just bored or trying to entertain himself, but he just sniffed around and then hopped up and got down to business on the pillow. He's been doing it for at least 5 minutes now.

Crazy dog! :D Though, licking is better than shredding, so I'll count my blessings :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Do you drool in your sleep? :D Your pillow probably smells like you.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Mine all do that.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you drool in your sleep? :D Your pillow probably smells like you.
Not that I'm aware of :eek:

:D

Yeah, it probably does smell like me (or at least my hair, he has this...thing...about my hair).

·
Registered
296 Posts
Eeew! I'd curb that behavior pronto! Just what you need, come home exhausted, bed never looked so comfortable, only to plop into a pile of dog spit!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine do that as well. It's kind of odd...I think it's because the bed smells like us so much (because we lay on it all night) that it tastes good too. I don't worry about it, it dries by the time we go to bed the next time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine do that, not bad, what they do like to do is lick me and my daughter, mainly the hands and arms when we come home or are sitting on the floor - they will run by and just lick us quick and go on. Also after we bathed and lotion............I seen on Ceaser Milan that it may be submission as well.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine do that, not bad, what they do like to do is lick me and my daughter, mainly the hands and arms when we come home or are sitting on the floor - they will run by and just lick us quick and go on. Also after we bathed and lotion............I seen on Ceaser Milan that it may be submission as well.
Yes! Lotion!! That drives me crazy!! They lick my legs after I use lotion...and my arm pits after I use deoterant...yuck!!! I don't know why they like the taste of those things!!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Zoey tries to do that at night when your head is ON the pillow.. She'd rather lick our faces, but seeing as we're trying to sleep we tell her no, and then she starts licking the pillows :p

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Oh yeah, Wally is hooked on lotion too.

I don't dare lie down in his presence unless I'm ready to get licked!

If I lie down, he'll go after the space between my ears and neck. It's like it's a perfect fit for his nose, so he HAS to check it out.

Guess he's checking to see if I've washed behind my ears! And evidently, if I haven't (at least not to his satisfaction), he'll help me out :eek: :D

I clean your ears, you scratch mine?

I've read about that, where licking can be a submissive/appeasement gesture.

I get the hands and arms treatment as well. Or lately with the weather warmer, knees and shins treatment. I could be sitting minding my own business, he'll come up and lick my knees a few times and then curl up at my feet (or in the space between my legs).

·
Registered
962 Posts
My female humps my pillow, :) so what do you think that means, I am serious, usually right after evening meal. I have amale also and he looks at her, he is not sure why either. We discussed it and we both agree it a dominance thing between her and the pillow. Least my pillow is dry. lol

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My female humps my pillow, :) so what do you think that means, I am serious, usually right after evening meal. I have amale also and he looks at her, he is not sure why either. We discussed it and we both agree it a dominance thing between her and the pillow. Least my pillow is dry. lol
LOLLOLOL!!!! Haha!! That's funny. I think I'd rather my pillow be licked than humped though.....lol!!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Akira licks and rubs himself on or pillows, he also does that to anyone lying on the floor, he'll start licking their hair and suddenly rub himself on the hair like a mad men.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you put a command on the licking and make it into a trick you can have control of the behavior. No doggy tongue ever touches me because i put a command on the licking

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Ewww! I'm gonna go change my pillowcase now.......

Penny sometimes licks the walls and sofa. I don't know why. She's just weird, I guess. She licks the carpet, too, but usually only after something yummy has spilled on it.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Eeew! I'd curb that behavior pronto! Just what you need, come home exhausted, bed never looked so comfortable, only to plop into a pile of dog spit!
No, I'm pretty sure that there is no worry. It is completely natural. What dogs don't smell, they eat, or in your case, lick. They love their owner's smell. Actually, I sometimes give my dog something that I commonly use (pillowcase, t-shirt, etc...) so it would give her comfort while I'm gone. It actually works!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts